The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New guy from Aberdeen!

Guest Gregry254

Guest Gregry254

Hi all.

I currently own an 07 Civic Type-S GT 2.2 i-CTDI but I am cinsidering selling it to get a Supra (loved the look of them since I knew what it was).

I don't suppose anyone has driven both and can compare them?

And I don't suppose there is anyone up in Aberdeen that would be willing to take me for a spin some time to let me see what the Supra is like?

Guest Gregry254

What kind of mpg do you guys see? N/A and TT

On the way to/from work I drive like 1 mile max . . . would this be damagin on the Supra? I thought about an RX8 but the engine would die if I did that in one of them lol

Well well well,

We've a fair few supra's up in Aberdeen at the moment.

I've got a Gunmetal BPU 6 speed, MarcAB10 has a Black TT 5 Speed, Drift_Bear has a Gunmetal TT Auto.

A nice little lot to consider :)

Welcome along and i speak for the other two aswell as myself saying we'd all be happy to take you out on a wee blast :)

What kind of mpg do you guys see? N/A and TT

On the way to/from work I drive like 1 mile max . . . would this be damagin on the Supra? I thought about an RX8 but the engine would die if I did that in one of them lol

Pretty much the same from both engines, have a search around the forum. There are some really good newbie guides for buying the right car on here

That wouldn't be good at all for the engine, but it will be the same for everycar tbh, engines don't take that kind of use very well.

My Dad had the exact car that you currently have. Nice pull from it so if you don't go TT you will notice a hugh difference in driving experience vs the N/A. As with all non-turbo cars you need to work it a little bit to get it going. Regardless of which variant you go for, it will be faster, you will just need to change your driving style a little.

Civic was all go from around 1.5krpm till around 3-3.5krpm then tailed off massively till the 5kish redline. The N/A Supra will feel a little bit gutless until getting over the 3krpm mark where it will start to pull nicely, once into 4k it finds its feet and gives it some.

A TT needs no introduction really. Starts to pull relatively well around the 2k mark, by 3k the 1st turbo is on full song and pulling strong, just under 4k you will get a little dip before all hell brakes loose and the second turbo joins in.

If you are worried about fuel, maintenence costs or insurance then the Supra is definitely not for you. They are expensive to fuel (around 20mpg when not on the motorway.... and that's if you are relatively nice to it), relatively expensive to service (mine is £150 just on parts/fluids) depending your brand choice and the insurance can be anything from surprsingly cheap (I pay around £400) to ridiculously expensive (Current member is paying around £2.5k iirc).

Plenty of guys up your way to show you around the cars etc, as you can see they are very happy to help out. If you want to experience an N/A just give me a shout and I'll tell you what vac lines to pull when they aren't looking, either that or sneak the handbrake on.

Weclome ;)

Welcome along, we've got a good group of owners up here, concentrated around Aberdeen, as already mentioned.

What sort of budget do you have? I've heard the running costs, servicing and insurance etc are similar for NA and TT, the TTs are generally more expensive to fix though.

Guest Gregry254

Im not that worried about costs just now as I don't do that many miles.

But once I get my own place I suppose the story may change and I may end up pottering about in a Ford KA lol

I will have to run some insruance quotes to see what I can realisticly get.

I did a N/A earlier and it was just over £1000 which isnt too bad (I am £800 for the civic)

Guest Gregry254

Im not really sure about budget to be honest.

I will hopefully get like £9-10k for mine but would like to put some of that away for getting my own place next year.

What is a guide price for a N/A and TT at the moment?

I went from a DC5 Integra Type R to my TT6 VVTI BPU+ without a doubt a big step up..! Like everybody says the Fuel is pretty insane..! I spent 800 pounds in 1 month a couple of months ago and I wasn't driving very far but regular..!

If monsween is taking you for a spin take some mace with you, when I visited Aberdeen he picked me up to meet up with his pals and he tried stroking my leg..! :Pling:

Welcome to the Forum bud, good luck with your choice..!:D

As booth monsween and ricky has said, there a good few up here now. Ill take you out for a spin and let you see what its like from the auto point of view and I'm sure the rest will from the 5 speed and 6 speed point of view.

P.s if were having a meet can we wait till I'm home from sea on the 9th :D I'm of for 6 weeks after that so its all good.