The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V8 enquiry ?

Dyer864

Hi All !

As i've been scouting thro the forum lately, i've come across the V8 thread a few times, Jamie p's thor car , and the black/carbon one in the for sale section !

I am not mechanically minded at all , but like the sound of the V8 , and it's different :cool:

Wot sort of work as got to go into transfering the V8 lump into an n/a , engine etc ?

I've read the Lexus engine is easiest to transplant as it's toyota and parts/wiring match up i guess, but would another engine be possible to fit, suppose any engine would fit, but it's the fabrication after i suppose to make it fit , would be the pain !:rolleyes:

Did fancy the jag V8 engine as there are a few going for sale on ebay, but i guess it's the complications of fitting , this and gearbox etc .

Has anybody fitted a Jagv8 engine to Supra or is it virtually impossible !

I was heading down this route until reality set in...

It's not all that straightforward to get the 1UZ fitted and finding the right donor for the right price is quite tricky. As Jamie said, if you have the money for it then it will help, but it's not the most cost effective way to get power.

Buying something already done with a r154/v16* box would be easiest unless you like a challenge. Auto is simpler, but then it's an auto.. However you should carefuly check insurance before making a purchase, I've been trying for a while now (over 30 companies) and only would quote, the premium they wanted was rediculous.