The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mr320 vs supra tt

shaz2010

Hi ive got the n/a at the moment im looking for a TT , but might of changed my mind i was in my friends MR320 and the pull on it is amazing 10x faster than my n/a,would the supra TT have the same pull and off the mark power as the MR320 cheers :) i want to stay with the Supra coz i LOVE them its got everything. i dont want to up the BHP on it wen i get one.maybe decat and exhaust system if it has not already got one. ta

mr320 is some kind of EVO right? then surely a stock TT will be just as quick as the EVO (assuming 320 stands for 320BHP). Unless of course your mate had had work done on his to make it quicker.

EDIT: Just checked parkers, the difference between a TT and the EVO 8 MR FQ 320 shouldn't be much but he will have greater off the mark power due to 4WD. I'm no expert but I'm guessing the supra would even things out around 100mph plus.

This is ofcourse you are on about the EVO 8 :p

Edited by NathWraith (see edit history)

mr320 is some kind of EVO right? then surely a stock TT will be just as quick as the EVO (assuming 320 stands for 320BHP). Unless of course your mate had had work done on his to make it quicker.

If it's an Evo then it'll feel fast off the line so the Supra won't be as quick from a stand still (due to lack of AWD) but stick with the Supra!

If it's an Evo then it'll feel fast off the line so the Supra won't be as quick from a stand still (due to lack of AWD) but stick with the Supra!

Agreed, plus the Supra looks 1000X better than the "hotted up saloon" style of EVOs and imprezas. Far more classy :D

I went up against a FQ320 while bumping into him on my way home at night, we done about 3/4 pulls on rolling starts. This ranged from 40mph up to 90mph & from the start we both we side by side & then the Supra started pulling away, at one point gaining 2 car lengths. I was in my TT Auto which was running 352 bhp, not even full BPU, just cats taken out.

Evos are alot higher maintenance than a Supra. A BPU would leave an Evo MR320 from a rolling start or anywhere after a launch. Another thing is if your friend is launching his new pride & joy tell him to start looking into buying a new clutch because with awd it will spit out the clutch after afew launches.

I went up against a FQ320 while bumping into him on my way home at night, we done about 3/4 pulls on rolling starts. This ranged from 40mph up to 90mph & from the start we both we side by side & then the Supra started pulling away, at one point gaining 2 car lengths. I was in my TT Auto which was running 352 bhp, not even full BPU, just cats taken out.

Yeah our evo 7 has about 320 bhp & side by side when the second turbo starts singing the supra walks away :)

Evo won't touch the Supra in most aspects. I can drive the Evo point to point quicker, but that's because I air on the side of caution with the sup and the evo has all manor of witchcraft keeping you in check. Straight line speed the supra will be much faster. Even stock once you hit triple figures you will stride away.

All those cars are boring to me, uninspiring to drive. It's different horses for different courses though.

All those cars are boring to me, uninspiring to drive. It's different horses for different courses though.

Exactly that, have a drive in both of the cars and you'll see why a TT is so much more exciting - you won't get bored, and IF you do there's always single turbo :)

Cheers need to have a ride in a TT to make my mind up but I love everything about the supra so that's pushing me into one . Cheers for the comments

Just realised you're in my neck of the woods, would have offered to take you out in mine but I've just gone single! Mapping is next saturday

Just realised you're in my neck of the woods, would have offered to take you out in mine but I've just gone single! Mapping is next saturday

ah its ok cheers maybe if i upgrade from TT to single then ill come c you ! :) where about you from ?

just been looking at evo's and yous are right the amount of people talking about how they break down and hardly on the road! mind made up . on the hunt :)

They aren't that bad. The clutch on them is a week point (so would most awd cars), alot of people complain about gearbox trouble but they are a little crunchy when cold. The evo 7 & 8 260 5 speed box is best, the 6 speed box is a little chocolate like. But over all supra is alot better & more reliable.