The mkiv Supra Owners Club

please help! over fuling :-(

FOSTA

hi guys! my car has been driving spot on untill now!

the car is a 1993 supra NA-T using the greddy e-manage ultamate piggy back ecu.

ok i drove the car 2 weeks ago and it was perfect! it drove just like it was soposed to! but i parked it on my drive and havnt drove it for 2 weeks and i went to start it up yesterday and it went click click click (battery dead). so i put a little 6amp charger on it for a few hours and went back and fired her up! stright away. but after a few seconds it felt like the car was skaking not running right so i took alook at the wideband and its reading 10.00 all the way into the green. so its running mega ritch! i also took a quick look at the exhaust and its just loads of black smoke!

ive reset the ecu just incase the dead battery had done somthing and that didnt help! ive also had the battery off in the past and it didnt affect anything when i connected it back up so i sort of knew restting the ecu might not of helped!

i really need you guys help!

thanks guys!

I'm sure the EMU stores fault codes. Check that. Also check under the bonnet for the vac line on the map sensor is still intact and hasn't came off. That would cause bad overfueling. What's the idle like. Is it still smooth??

Can you hear any air leaks under the bonnet??

hey john mate

everything seems to be intact and i cant hear any air leaks! just strange as it was fine last time i stared it up.? also the emu flashes red when there somthing wrong but its at a steady green?

If the stock ECU has been reset - initially because the battery was dead and then again when you reset it - the car will run rich initially and not idle properly, it takes a few miles for the ECU to relearn the settings. Try taking it out for a drive and see how it is after the ECU has had a chance to relearn the settings.

ok guys i took it for a drive just there but it didnt help! its just staying at 10.00 and now the revs are up and down and cutting out :(

here is a video to show what its doing.

click on the picture or the link at the bottom.

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/jamielfoster86/?action=view&current=dcce00cf.mp4

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

I recon you've got a vac leak Jamie. I'd say the pipe to the map sensor has either came off or has a split in it somewhere near.

spot on mate! t-piece is cracked :D:D:D

MASSIVE THANK YOU! :D

and a big thankyou for everyones inputs :)