The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na ffim 2jz

Noz

Saw this intake and was wondering if anyone has seen or knows of anyone that has used this?

Made to suit either standard TB, Q45 80-100mm etc.

The page linked shows various intakes but the actually 2JZ (GE) doesnt show an image which is why I haven't directly linked to it.

KS Racing Intakes

Was a bit curious due to the price, 325USD is cheap for such an item.

Photos (supplied to ClubNA-T member through email):

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/217577_10150572648755576_626870575_18071747_5581671_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/218105_10150572648830576_626870575_18071750_7399301_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/217765_10150572648855576_626870575_18071751_2261720_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/218097_10150572648885576_626870575_18071752_967466_n.jpg

My first bellhousing was from them, utter shite. They then refuse to replace items or give refunds, and all customer service and friendliness disappears as soon as payments sent.

• 6 months later...

i had one when i was still na and looked nice as you can fit the tt cam covers.all polished looks nice.for na was a waist of time and actually worse.i would imagine for na-t it would be better .Also you do away with all the asis system,i think thats how its spelt.got pics somewhere i will dig them out.

my fuse box i moved slightly upwards and the power steering pump resevoir i had to move.i took the pump apart and had a fitting ptapped in to be able to remote mount the resevior.

29082009049.jpg

29082009050.jpg

29082009051.jpg

29082009048.jpg

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

Yes mate if you could that would be ace.

I think I would have to move the fuse box or at least take a chunk out of it, I would have to consider moving the power steering pump as well (IIRC).

Seen a few nice ones for sale. Spoke to David and he said someone on here was welding NA runners to TT runners so they were able to use TT FFIM. Unsure how you would adapter the TPS and ICV, not sure it would even have the same fixings but the price of the intake manifolds are about twice the price just for an NA! Probably due to being less made.

Obviously I'll need to do more research to understand whats required but thought I would start now.

buy a second hand tt aftermarket one and have the bottom cut off and a new base plate made that takes the na runners,wouldnt be that hard.Oh and you need a celica throttle cable like i have as they are longer and fit the supra pedal.idc you have a flange welded to the plenum and the throttle position sensor will be with throttle body normaly.

couple pics of inside view.

these guys i had saved in my favourites as they make plates

http://www.ferriday.co.uk/cnc/manifold.shtml

05122009121.jpg

05122009122.jpg

05122009120.jpg

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

For anyone wondering about FFIM on na-t set ups, unless you are doing it for purely aesthetic reasons e.g TT cam covers/less intercooler piping etc, or you need the space due to a larger hotside on your turbo, or youre building a racecar that will spend 90% of its time in the upper rev range, then be prepared for a loss of performance/torque.

Ive been debating installing one for the past 3 years, and cant bring myself to do away with the brilliantly designed NA intake manifold. If I ever get to the point where I outgrow my current turbo, then I might look into it again, but one of the main benefits of a high CR NA-T set up is the response and torque that is available out of boost. By removing the stock IM, I imagine most, if not all, of that benefit would be lost.

I recently started a thread on the US forum, trying to compile alot of first hand info, before/after dyno printouts, and owners impressions who have gone FFIM. Once that grows a bit, I might have more reason to finally get one.

I was still debating this mate with my turbo set up. Due to cost, I think it would probably be cheaper to cut and weld TT runners to lower runners to use a TT aftermarket manifold as the GE designed manifolds are seriously pricey.

I think on the same setup, a comparison between the stock IM and a FFIM would be great.

For anyone wondering about FFIM on na-t set ups, unless you are doing it for purely aesthetic reasons e.g TT cam covers/less intercooler piping etc, or you need the space due to a larger hotside on your turbo, or youre building a racecar that will spend 90% of its time in the upper rev range, then be prepared for a loss of performance/torque.

Ive been debating installing one for the past 3 years, and cant bring myself to do away with the brilliantly designed NA intake manifold. If I ever get to the point where I outgrow my current turbo, then I might look into it again, but one of the main benefits of a high CR NA-T set up is the response and torque that is available out of boost. By removing the stock IM, I imagine most, if not all, of that benefit would be lost.

I recently started a thread on the US forum, trying to compile alot of first hand info, before/after dyno printouts, and owners impressions who have gone FFIM. Once that grows a bit, I might have more reason to finally get one.

Surely the valve arrangement in the N/A inlet manifold is a hinderance with forced induction?

Surely the best manifold arrangement for an NA-T is to swap the head for a TT one (might as well when you're changing to TT pistons) and use the TT manifolds.

At this point, as usual, the argument for NA-T crumbles on a cost basis.

Surely the valve arrangement in the N/A inlet manifold is a hinderance with forced induction?

Surely the best manifold arrangement for an NA-T is to swap the head for a TT one (might as well when you're changing to TT pistons) and use the TT manifolds.

At this point, as usual, the argument for NA-T crumbles on a cost basis.

When you sit down and weigh up the cost of buying an NA and going NA-T, against buying a TT, then yes the cost does not weigh in the favour of the NA....

But when you already OWN an NA, the selling of your pride and joy and buying a TT doesn't seem as tempting as a turbo kit.

The choice to NA-T is not... buy an NA and turbo it, it's the already-owning NA members, weighing up to sell their car and buy another OR just fit a turbo kit. Fit a kit vs sell their car doesn't make the NA-T option look expensive. If it was, people wouldn't do it ;)

from what i've read over at NA-T this one seems to be really well regarded - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2JZ-GE-Supra-Lexus-FFIM-turbo-intake-manifold-NA-T-/120845688438?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c22f6de76#ht_7581wt_1397 definitely the one i'm looking at

This is the XSpower intake manifold. They are selling them cheap as chips on the clubna-t forum.

That inlet does look nice but it does look smaller than the TT style maifolds I've seen. I thought you were NA dan?

When you sit down and weigh up the cost of buying an NA and going NA-T, against buying a TT, then yes the cost does not weigh in the favour of the NA....

But when you already OWN an NA, the selling of your pride and joy and buying a TT doesn't seem as tempting as a turbo kit.

The choice to NA-T is not... buy an NA and turbo it, it's the already-owning NA members, weighing up to sell their car and buy another OR just fit a turbo kit. Fit a kit vs sell their car doesn't make the NA-T option look expensive. If it was, people wouldn't do it ;)

Fitting a stock TT engine is easier than going NA-T though.

I don't want to come across as NA bashing, the problem is that the solution to many NA-T problems is solved by fitting TT parts. For example, how do you get around the fuelling issue? Piggy back, plus fitting and mapping must cost at least £1k? Almost half the cost of a TT transplant fitted. Then there's the issue of distributor vs coil on plug.

If there hadn't been a turbo version of the Supra, the NA-T would have been one of the best 'bang for your buck' cars going. As it stands, the majority of the time it's an expensive way of going turbo, even if you're keeping your original NA.

That said, there are some fantastic NA-Ts around.

This is the XSpower intake manifold. They are selling them cheap as chips on the clubna-t forum.

That inlet does look nice but it does look smaller than the TT style maifolds I've seen. I thought you were NA dan?

I am mate, currently weighing up NA-T or full GTE conversion with a single as i'm aiming around 550-600whp, so obviously i'd go forged or TT pistons to lower compression, looking at a billet 6766 turbo, 7M-GTE CoP conversion, I do like the idea of NA-T just to be different and seeing if i can hit my goals.

Most of the nightmares you hear about NA-T is from people who didnt research the project enough, didnt plan their set up correctly, didnt buy the right parts, and tried to do things out of their scope of talent.

Unfortunatly most na-t conversions go through the above issues due to trying to rush things. People have no patience these days lol

The GE engine loves boost, and doesnt need half of the parts you see listed in peoples set ups, E.G COP igniton, welded in cam sensors, GTE oil pump with CPS, GTE head, GTE ECU, GTE pistons, DLI, 3mm HG etc etc etc.

All it takes is a good ECU that is well tuned, good quality fuel, and the GE will produce more than enough power for most.

Its when people cut corners that the issues start appearing.

You can do it cheaper than 1k for an ECU and mapping. I know someone who will supply a MegaSquirt ECU and map it for £600, and if you buy the coils you can run them straight off that and not even need CPS and ditch the dizzy IF you feel that's a limitation (good for 500whp apparently though some have had more).

Lower compression is all the NA needs if you want big power. But then what TT engine doesn't need money spent on it to reach 500hp? a standard NA-T turbo will hit 500bhp, on a TT you need big twins or a single conversion.

Bang for buck, BPU power is CHEAPER with a TT lump. for 500bhp NA-T is cheaper due to having all the single components already, and just requiring a slightly lower compression ratio which in LOADS of cases over the pond a 1.3mm HG has done the job just fine.

I wouldn't ever recommend a new supra owner to buy an NA if they wanted boost. Purely on the fact I love manual cars and am limited buy the manual tranmission I so dearly enjoy.

My new engine build would be soooooooooooooooooo much easier with a GTE lump. But to be fair........ if its easy......... what's the point? No challenge with `easy` :D

You can do it cheaper than 1k for an ECU and mapping. I know someone who will supply a MegaSquirt ECU and map it for £600, and if you buy the coils you can run them straight off that and not even need CPS and ditch the dizzy IF you feel that's a limitation (good for 500whp apparently though some have had more).

Lower compression is all the NA needs if you want big power. But then what TT engine doesn't need money spent on it to reach 500hp? a standard NA-T turbo will hit 500bhp, on a TT you need big twins or a single conversion.

Bang for buck, BPU power is CHEAPER with a TT lump. for 500bhp NA-T is cheaper due to having all the single components already, and just requiring a slightly lower compression ratio which in LOADS of cases over the pond a 1.3mm HG has done the job just fine.

I wouldn't ever recommend a new supra owner to buy an NA if they wanted boost. Purely on the fact I love manual cars and am limited buy the manual tranmission I so dearly enjoy.

My new engine build would be soooooooooooooooooo much easier with a GTE lump. But to be fair........ if its easy......... what's the point? No challenge with `easy` :D

Completely agreed i'll be going CoP and deleting the dizzy, as i'm aiming for 550-600whp just to be on the safe side, i know there's guys in the states that have got near enough 700whp with the stock GE pistons just using a thicker HG however i don't want to run that risk and given that i've already got a V161 NA-T seems a much cheaper conversion i'll be putting in ARP studs and ACL bearings too just for good measure :)

How did you get on with this? And where did you buy it from cheers jamie

I bought mine from ks racing. The quality seems pretty good and i got a q45 flange on it. I still haven't got round to fitting mine as I'm still in the middle of moving the power steering. I'll post updates once I've fitted it.