The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ricky49's Single Turbo Upgrade/Alterations

Ricky49

I'm starting to get parts together for the next stage of my single turbo conversion.

There's a couple of reasons for this.

1, With the game been pushed on by the big players Im getting the feeling of been left behind:(.

2, Also with running 750+ hp on a stock block I'm not wanting to lose it or in the trade it's called the Jamesy effect:innocent:;).

3, Plain and simple I want more power.

The Parts

Head with 1mm oversize Ferrea/Supertech valves, springs, bells and whistles. With a SRD inspection, port and polish - got

SRD 280 stage3 cams - got

Shimless buckets

One of my spare TT blocks fully built by Lee P

PT 76mm 7675 - got

Hypertune manifold - got

Cosworth 87mm piston

Carillo H beam Rods with carr rod bolts

ARP stock size head bolts - got

ARP main bolts - got

ACL bearings or similar - got

Full inspection of the block and crank

TRD engine mounts - got

TTC and UR pulleys - got

HKS cam pulleys

SRD twin electric fan kit - got

Clutch - some sort of carbon jobbie

Titan Billet Main - got

I may look into modding a 4'' dp and mp to fit the HKS manifold of the back of the turbo so I have 4'' straight through.

The parts will be purchased over the summer and hopefully get into lee over the winter period, I better pre book my place.

Edited by Ricky49 (see edit history)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BC pro rods are £550 + vat, they are very good and to this date have not had an issue with them.

I would still consider the carrillo rods an upgrade, the Carr bolts are the best you can get. As Jamie says though the they are expensive but in the ultimate setup the cosworth pistons and carrillo rods are a great combo.

The BC pro rods are £550 + vat, they are very good and to this date have not had an issue with them.

I would still consider the carrillo rods an upgrade, the Carr bolts are the best you can get. As Jamie says though the they are expensive but in the ultimate setup the cosworth pistons and carrillo rods are a great combo.

Thanks bud, I wanting to go with the cosworth/carrillo combo.

You should stroker yours Johnny G

I'll be stroking it daily when I get it back mate :)

I'm off to Florida in 4 weeks, so I'll be popping to Titan to see what they can do for me - and I'll look at all options.

I had a 3.4 ltr in the MR2 and I would love to have a 3.4 in the Supra - but whilst I'm saving for my holiday home, I don't want to spunk huge cash on a hobby.

• 3 weeks later...