The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of your Aftermarket Front Bumper with number plate....

cje001

Interested in this also. Got a Veilside C1 on the front of mine with the plate in the middle of the grill. See some with plates on the top of the bumper instead, which while not perfect looks better I think.

I'm wondering if there are regulations on where and how big the plate has to be. Will post my findings or if anyone knows. There are some pictures in the member section gallery for front bumpers also to give you an idea.

Few... btw, do you have regulations about plate mounting in UK?

Ridox

http://reuhka.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Car%20Happenings/Ahvenisto%2014.5.2011/DSC_0482.jpg/_small.jpg

Do-luck

http://www.dvdplaza.fi/galleria/data/1034/etu4.jpg

MVP lip

http://www.dvdplaza.fi/galleria/data/1034/medium/214.jpg

do you have regulations about plate mounting in UK?

According to the "Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001:

Fixing of front registration plates: vehicles registered on or after the relevant date

6.—(1) This regulation applies to vehicles, other than works trucks, road rollers and agricultural machines, first registered on or after the relevant date.

(2) Except as provided in paragraph (5), a registration plate must be fixed on the front of the vehicle in the manner required by paragraph (3).

(3) This paragraph requires the plate to be fixed—

(a)vertically or, where that is not reasonably practicable, in a position as close to the vertical as is reasonably practicable,

(b)in such a position that in normal daylight the characters of the registration mark are easily distinguishable from every part of a relevant area having the diagonal length specified in paragraph (4).

(4) The diagonal length of the relevant area is—

(a)in the case of a mark having characters the width of which is at least 57 millimetres, 22 metres,

(b)in the case of a mark having characters the width of which is 50 millimetres, 21.5 metres,

©in the case of a mark having characters the width of which is 44 millimetres, 18 metres.

(5) In the case of a motor cycle or a motor tricycle which does not have a body of a type which is characteristic of the body of a four-wheeled vehicle—

(a)a registration plate must not be fixed on the front of a vehicle if it was first registered on or after 1st September 2001,

(b)a plate need not be fixed on the front of the vehicle if it was first registered before 1st September 2001.

So I guess if you wanted to have your number plate anywhere other than mounted on your front bumper, as the old saying goes, "You pays your money, you takes your choice!"

EDIT: Copied the wrong one before (D'oh!), so now it makes sense...

Edited by DaveR (see edit history)

some one said to me , because my car is a japanese import, the number plate can be really small, is that correct? ( i would have a feeeling i would keep getting pulled over) :)

Again, there are regulations for size, character spacing, etc that can be found on the DVLA website. The fact that your car is an import (like many of ours, of course), is irrelevant - if it's on British roads it needs to comply with British regulations. Well, I'm fairly sure that's right anyway.

The crime, though, as always, is getting caught...

I can't be bothered playing funny games with number plates anymore - it just attracts even more unwanted attention from "the law". I have in the past on previous cars, but now I just see them for what they are - a very ugly but sadly necessary evil.

some one said to me , because my car is a japanese import, the number plate can be really small, is that correct? ( i would have a feeeling i would keep getting pulled over) :)

The rear recess of the supra isn't big enough for a UK square plate and obviously if you used a UK long plate there would be a hole either side, as the supra is an import it is legal to run the smaller 13 x 6.5 'import plate' size. Halfords will even supply these but they usually need ordered in. This is probably what your friend meant.