The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pair of Recaro Profi SPG's

SteveL

*** SOLD ***

Hi Guy's,

(Gauging interest, as I've been offered money for these so seeing if anyone wants them and I can get more :) )

I've got a pair of Recaro Profi SPG's up for sale.

They've been used in my race car for the last 3 years.

Drivers one has been recovered using proper Recaro replacement covers.

I'll get some pics up over the w/e, but they are in good condition, the passenger one has a couple of small nicks on one side.

These are excellent seats and I didn't want to part with them, but regs and Hans devices forced me to :(

I also 'should' have a frame for one of these which I'm trying to track down.

So, I reckon £400 for the pair is a fair price and if I can find the frame £450.

I'd also prefer pickup only as they are difficult to package. They can be picked up from mine, or if preferred I can leave them at Whifbitz....

Sorry guy's heres some pics...

'Drivers' one has small tear (3rd pic) where it rubbed against my cage.

'Passenger' one has two small nics in the left bolster and one on right shoulder wing (1st pic)

'Drivers' one has recently been recovered, 'Passenger' one has original cover.

Apart from that in good condition.

I have 1 frame as well, IIRC its a Bride one, currently at Whifbitz.

Like I said, these will only be available for pickup as I've shipped seats before and had nothing but trouble afterwards with couriers.

Do you by chance know if you can use a std seat belt with these? Can you thread the buckle through the inside slot for the racing harness?

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin,

I don't think the stock belts will work with any seat like these. It would have to go around the seat rather than through the belt holes and compromise the safety of the belt.

...sorry:)

Thanks for the response. I'm concerned that a racing harness will be too restrictive on the road. I took some inspiration from the Recaro seats fitted to the NSX typeR which seem to manage with inertia reel belts. Not sure if the latch is smaller that std in the picture below.

Thanks for the response. I'm concerned that a racing harness will be too restrictive on the road. I took some inspiration from the Recaro seats fitted to the NSX typeR which seem to manage with inertia reel belts. Not sure if the latch is smaller that std in the picture below.

You may be able to.

The length of the latch bracket may be an issue, but if you can fabricate one to locate it in the same way as in the pic then it may work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.