The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best trolley jack for Supra

Josh

I'm looking to buy a trolley jack this weekend. I've been advised to go for a 3 tonne jack as the 2 tonnes can struggle a bit with the Supra's weight.

Anyone got any recommendations of a jack to buy that will fit under a stock Supra easily and at a good price?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can't recommend a jack, but don't agree with the 2tonne isn't enough thing.

the aristo weighs more than the supra, but the jack wont be lifting the entire weight of the car, it'll be half the weight at max.

having said that, it wouldn't hurt getting a 3tonne instead anyway.

I'm looking to buy a trolley jack this weekend. I've been advised to go for a 3 tonne jack as the 2 tonnes can struggle a bit with the Supra's weight.

I'm surprised about the bit in bold. The supra only weighs about 1.6 tonnes doesn't it? That should be enough to lift it clean off the ground even with a couple of fat men inside.

Edited by stevie_b (see edit history)

can't recommend a jack, but don't agree with the 2tonne isn't enough thing.

the aristo weighs more than the supra, but the jack wont be lifting the entire weight of the car, it'll be half the weight at max.

having said that, it wouldn't hurt getting a 3tonne instead anyway.

Thanks, I'm going to go for a 3 tonner anyway just to be on the safe side. I'll obviously use axle stands along with the jack just in case but I'll feel better with a 3 tonne one :)

On a related note, can anyone advise what the best air freshener is for the Supra?

Mine was a serious question to find out what others use and if there are any special requirements (i.e. being low) for it to go under a Supra.. :rolleyes:

On a related note, can anyone advise what the best air freshener is for the Supra?

I would go for the standard "tree" style one. I hear you can get them in different colours now.

I have a black one with some kind of squiggle face, it looks like a stoned tree if im honest. But thats how im going to roll for the next month or so.

I would go for the standard "tree" style one. I hear you can get them in different colours now.

I have a black one with some kind of squiggle face, it looks like a stoned tree if im honest. But thats how im going to roll for the next month or so.

But what does it smell of?

Mine was a serious question to find out what others use and if there are any special requirements (i.e. being low) for it to go under a Supra.. :rolleyes:

Drive the car onto pieces of wood to raise it up a couple of inches ;)

DSCF0856.jpg

I have Jelly Belly air fresheners in mine, they smell like the sweets. You can get cherry, orange, blueberry or pear. They even do a spray cherry one at halfords. I get the air freshners from ASDA. They look like plastic jelly beans, about 4" long.

I have Jelly Belly air fresheners in mine, they smell like the sweets. You can get cherry, orange, blueberry or pear. They even do a spray cherry one at halfords. I get the air freshners from ASDA. They look like plastic jelly beans, about 4" long.

Ive heard about these, what your favorate one, ill get one on my way out later.. i need an air freshner for my bike as well.

How long is the string to suspend the freshener from, and where is best to locate it?

Depends, i usually go for one from the rear view mirror.

..but if ive been shagging; depending on the 'musky' smell from the said girls private area, i sometime suspend two either side in the rear of the interior hooks.

I suggest you pay a bit more and buy a long reach trolley jack, otherwise, if you jack up under the rear diff casing, a stock one will have the handle under the car. Long reach, low height ones are a Godsend. Machine Mart do some half decent ones for home usage. This one looks OK, longish reach, reasonably low height.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/ctj2glc-2-tonne-hd-high-lift-trolley-ja

I suggest you pay a bit more and buy a long reach trolley jack, otherwise, if you jack up under the rear diff casing, a stock one will have the handle under the car. Long reach, low height ones are a Godsend. Machine Mart do some half decent ones for home usage. This one looks OK, longish reach, reasonably low height.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/ctj2glc-2-tonne-hd-high-lift-trolley-ja

Just what I wanted to know. Thanks Chris :)

How long is the string to suspend the freshener from, and where is best to locate it?

It comes with a plastic loop that folds out from the back, about 3" long. My fav. smell is the blue berry, although my girlfriend likes the cherry.

I hang it from the steering wheel high adjustment lever.

On the jack, if you have skirts attached you need a low profile one, or bits of wood to drive on first, or a standard jack to get it off the ground first.

Hi Josh,

I got this from Costco a few years ago for ~£80 and I still see them in there these days for the same price.

Works a treat for my UK spec on CW suspension.

I do typically raise the rear first to be able to get to the front cross member but, on a stock suspension, I don't think you will have any issues.

P1000117 (Medium).JPG

P1000118 (Medium).JPG

P1000119 (Medium).JPG

P1000120 (Medium).JPG

P1000121 (Medium).JPG

P1000122 (Medium).JPG

P1000125 (Medium).JPG

P1000127 (Medium).JPG

P1000124 (Medium).JPG

P1000126 (Medium).JPG