The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bilstein shocks, where is best?

jackso11

I am having a full geo-setup done next week and thought as my current shocks have doneabout 130k miles it might be wise to change them at the same time. Where is best to get new Billies from? Chris Wilson? how much can I expect to pay?....maybe chris will answer :)

I have a set of Tein coilovers I bought from a member a while back but they are second hand, thinkI might just sell those and get yellows.

Tein ss are really bad mate, especially if you have potholes in your area? do you? if so you definitely want to get shot of the teins, And you aren't supposed to play about with teins either, I'm think there are even laws against it

I actually know nothing about them, can you tell? I do like my bilsteins though, I think I got the rears s/h off chris last year at a great price and they transformed the car. The fronts are knocking now so its either replace them with bilsteins or get some coilovers just for the sake of it.

Also take advantage of the fact its the g/fs birthday to treat her to something nice, shiny and erm...yellow. and for more brownie points get her 4 :)

£110 plus VAT each for the German built Bilstein Sports. I can machine them for off car ride height adjustability for an extra £25 each. It's not necessary, just an option. I can also supply them re valved to my own spec, for use with my custom springs, to suit pretty much any application.

£110 plus VAT each for the German built Bilstein Sports. I can machine them for off car ride height adjustability for an extra £25 each. It's not necessary, just an option. I can also supply them re valved to my own spec, for use with my custom springs, to suit pretty much any application.

Chris, have you seen the spring setup that Dan is using with your setup, have you thought about offering a tighter spring as an option?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?194439-Dan-s-Supra-Project&p=3114858&viewfull=1#post3114858

I also need to adjust mine and possibly use a harder spring rate but have no idea whats required, would anything else require changing when increasing the spring rates?

Ideally the dampers need re valving if you up the spring rate by more than say 20%. I have seen Dan's set up, yes, we liaised over this. Given the way the Supra market has headed I am loathe to invest in anything that is costly to make, or sell, as the best selling stuff to many current owners seems to be bling and used bits and bobs. Sad, but commercially the truth. Many people judge a damper by how brightly coloured it, or its packaging is, and how cheap it is, rather than how well it works, and how well it's likely to last :(

Ideally the dampers need re valving if you up the spring rate by more than say 20%. I have seen Dan's set up, yes, we liaised over this. Given the way the Supra market has headed I am loathe to invest in anything that is costly to make, or sell, as the best selling stuff to many current owners seems to be bling and used bits and bobs. Sad, but commercially the truth. Many people judge a damper by how brightly coloured it, or its packaging is, and how cheap it is, rather than how well it works, and how well it's likely to last :(

I know what you mean:(

On another note, does anyone near me have a CW suspension setup that could give me a passenger ride as I'm after something fairly firm but isn't going to smash my back in either.

The proper German made ones have more sophisticated valving in them than the made under licence by Toyota units. Firmness wise the German ones are a little firmer, but still totally comfortable, on similar springs. I need to check stock in Germany, but usually within two to three working days.

The proper German made ones have more sophisticated valving in them than the made under licence by Toyota units. Firmness wise the German ones are a little firmer, but still totally comfortable, on similar springs. I need to check stock in Germany, but usually within two to three working days.

Hi Chris would those be the Bilstein B6 then? Or other ones?