The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can you run a T67DBB on a stock block?

Jellybean

• Can you run a T67DBB on a stock block?
  • Does an intake (i,e Virtual works) make a big difference?
  • If i get Oil pump, water pump, valve stem steals and associated pump/cam gasket seals replaced, what else is needed to keep her reliable for a single?
  • When doing an oil pimp Colin said he will look at the bindings (i think is what he said) , they are in the bottom end?

I ran a T67dbb on an unopened stock engine for a few years, it's still going now, 5 years and 30k miles later :)

I believe Jamie gained around 50bhp changing the intake manifold.

I think the stock recommended is 600 bhp , I just taught they are put out over 600

Somebody has to give Ian in his Datsun a run :) BPU wasnt too far behind the TO4Z, you get him at the petrol pump and when he's on the phone ha ha

Have to pick your moments

Best time to get a good jump on Ian is to wait untill he is polishing the car lol.

Fair play going single. I was thinking about it but will have to wait untill my garage is up & running first, you'll have to bring me in yours when it's done :)

A T67DBB will not put out over 600 hp on a stock setup engine. You need additional items like intake/Cams/Fueling to get into the 600's

I was under the impression intake/Cams/Fueling go hand in hand with a single conversion; I am refering to pistons , conrods, bearings, seats, studs (a non built block)

I made my 621hp on a 67DBB at 1.7bar, stock cams, head, engine etc etc and this was with a cast manifold.

Wow, I taught you need all the bells and whistles to go single

So all you did was get an aftermarket ECU, manifold and turbo plus a fueling system, larger injectors, uprated clutch ?

I ran 10's on a stock block and head and plenum and TB !!!!!

Dude, Nice

Anybody I seen go single so far as pretty much changed all the major componets on the engine (intake, cams , TB) I just taught it was a requirement

Didnt think you would get away with such a large turbo like a T67 on mainly stock items

Are you playing to go single then, who will be doing the work. If it's a garage speak to them the likes of Paul Whiffin, AFR, Jurgen and Lee at SRD have vast knowledge of information.

Set your power goal and take it from there, some of the stock parts start to restrict the power the more you want.

Bit harsh there Scott. Its a valid question and altho may have been answered in the past its always nice to get confirmation on your own specific question.

You've been more than helpful to me in the past, all id say is if you see a thread/question u dont want to answer or feel is repetitive....just move onto the next one ;)