The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying body kits from Ebay - experience please

mike33

I`ve just purchased my Trial rear from Aerokit - from when i worked in this industry they are considered one of the better suppliers and state they test fit each part to their demo Supra.

My Rear is going on next weekend so i`ll report.

Andy is very helpful there.

Other kits on Ebay..... well my front is from another supplier and i know this has come from China, these are the kits i used to sell and they will need quite a bit of work.

Dont buy a front bumper for £100 and expect it to fit straight away :)

Having said that i paid over the odds on my last Supra for original Veilside skirts and they were a pig to fit... but the replica C-West i had slotted straight on! That was from VIS Racing in the states.

I brought a front bumper which luckily went on well. I then went for a pair of skirts....this is where the fun started. First set of bomex ones I got were total garbage, the guy in the garage showed me the fit and I was shocked. He said he would need to hack, cut, fill etc etc and it would look ok for about a month until it started cracking so he told me to get my money back and refused to fit them. Next set I brought were some blitz skirs from a well know company and the same situation again. I gave up after this and opted for OEM skirts. Best thing I did. I fitted myself in literally an hour

I brought a front bumper which luckily went on well. I then went for a pair of skirts....this is where the fun started. First set of bomex ones I got were total garbage, the guy in the garage showed me the fit and I was shocked. He said he would need to hack, cut, fill etc etc and it would look ok for about a month until it started cracking so he told me to get my money back and refused to fit them. Next set I brought were some blitz skirs from a well know company and the same situation again. I gave up after this and opted for OEM skirts. Best thing I did. I fitted myself in literally an hour

Yeah from my experience its the skirts that provide the most grief.

You can move a bumper more and they are easier to manipulate but skirts are much more rigid and if they are too long or short then thats where the problems start, then the foul the doors etc...

In my experience very few aftermarket fibreglass panels fit perfectly, or even barely properly. Some are a total joke. Given that the price of the kit is just the start I would say try and offer a panel up to your car before buying, even if it means a long drive and a bit of spanner work when you get there. If they don't buy that idea ask yourself why. Anyway, stock is way to go, a stock MVIV will stand out like a virgin in a Lebanese brothel soon.

In my experience very few aftermarket fibreglass panels fit perfectly, or even barely properly. Some are a total joke. Given that the price of the kit is just the start I would say try and offer a panel up to your car before buying, even if it means a long drive and a bit of spanner work when you get there. If they don't buy that idea ask yourself why. Anyway, stock is way to go, a stock MVIV will stand out like a virgin in a Lebanese brothel soon.

you do have a way with words Chris :D

Cheers guys for your help. I would like a rear bumper like yours offland and a front bumper called BMX PARAURTI not sure if thats the correct name but its the same front bumper off the supra in the first fast n furious film.

The orange aerotop in fast and furious had a bomex front. For a good off the shelf fit, bite the bullet and buy original, they look better, last longer, are stronger and usually go on better. My original do luck kit on my silver Supra was brilliant, despite hitting a fox at high speeds it held up and didn't break at all!