The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dated Dash

jackso11

I got in the new Honda CRZ this weekend (yes I know it is under powered) and felt like I was in some kind of space ship! It really made the supra dash look old and dated :(

I rememebr one person on here smoothed the entire dash over and moved controls, has anyone else tried to make it look more modern?

I am toying with the idea of spraying mine something other than the satin black it is now, not sure what though. Will still look old though I guess.

real carbon,love it! however the car seems to be missing the go pedal?

so it does! :o

and I love the supra dash infact, it is what everyone I show the car to comments on, I mainly get- "its like a jet cockpit" I love the selfishness to the driver, we get it all the passenger gets jack! :D

so it does! :o

and I love the supra dash infact, it is what everyone I show the car to comments on, I mainly get- "its like a jet cockpit" I love the selfishness to the driver, we get it all the passenger gets jack! :D

"It's just like a fighter plane"... 10 minutes, and a few gallons of petrol later... "holy c**p, it sounds like one too"

:cool:

JamieP, stick a picture of your dash in this thread :D please.

The CRZ dash in that picture doesn't look as good as in the flesh though, it does look good, but when you turn the key and everything progressivly turns on it does look very cool :)

I am a magpie to flashy lights though.

just had a closer look at the pic and the first one is a mirror image of the third one, the give away is the key being on the wrong side of the steering wheel.

Ideal for anyone who has had their left leg amputated and a bionic ear fitted to the stump. :thumbs:

I think Jamie (along with a few others) has the "Dash 2" in his car;

This looks pretty cool;

http://www.mp3car.com/attachments/show-off-your-project/10472d1110537356-mkiv-supra-tt-mac-mini-custom-dash-custom-boot-install18.jpg

JamieP, stick a picture of your dash in this thread :D please.

The CRZ dash in that picture doesn't look as good as in the flesh though, it does look good, but when you turn the key and everything progressivly turns on it does look very cool :)

I am a magpie to flashy lights though.

Just get one of heckler's dash conversions, with the latest red lights, and that will do nicely. :)

Just get one of heckler's dash conversions, with the latest red lights, and that will do nicely. :)

I did it myself, all blue with red indicator arrows, heated window button.

I have toyed with the idea of doing it all again in red :D

Exactly what i've done to freshen up the dash. That and some chrome dash surrounds i think it looks really good. Only thing left for me to do is to flock it and change the wheel to a gen 5 celica one and its finished :)

Of course the Supra dash is going to be outdated, it was designed nearly 20 years ago! But you have to admit, for something that is 20 years old, it's simplicity and cockpit feel that was able to last it's time, is simply brilliant.

New dashboards generally have too much going on, although I love the LFA's dash. It all still looks really cool, but I think you end up focusing more on the electronics inside than the road outside.