The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel offsets

Dnk

How hard is your suspension and how low do you want to go? Also, what size tyres?

I ran a 30 offset rear on a 9.5x18 with 275/35/18 Eagle F1 and it was fine with my Tein suspension. When I changed to CW's softer setup the tyres would hit the arches on hard bumps.

With an 8" up front I presume you'll run a 235 so a 30 offset should easily work. My brother runs an 8.5" with a 30 offset and 245/35/18 Eagle F1s without issue. You might even be able to go a tad less than the 30 to something like 25mm if you really wanted to.

The recomended widths are 225 or 235 front and 255 or 265 rear, i've been searching around and found the ultralite 18 x 8 and 18 x 9.5 both come in 35 offset but its obviously down to how close that puts them to the arches.

They need to be close but definitely dont want to roll the arches.

Thanks for your input :thumbs:

Perhaps someone with stock 17' wheels/tyres and stock bodied Supra can measure how much clearance there is between the wheel/tyre and wheel arch lip. Then use the Offset Calculator to work out the best offsets. At a guess I'd say it'll be somewhere between +35 - +40.

Stock Wheel Sizes/Offsets

17x8 +50 - 235/45R17

17x9.5 +50 - 255/40R17

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I have 8.00 x 18 +30 rims on my GTS-t with 225 /40/18 tyres, they share the same PCD. We could try them on your car, but I need to check if the spigot hole in my rims is big enough to go on the nose of the Supra hubs, as my wheels are the correct spigot hole diameter for a Skyline hub. I can measure them later if this is of any use?

It's got 9.00 x 18 +38 on the rear on 255/35/18 so not much help there without careful measurements being taken.

Perhaps someone with stock 17' wheels/tyres and stock bodied Supra can measure how much clearance there is between the wheel/tyre and wheel arch lip. Then use the Offset Calculator to work out the best offsets. At a guess I'd say it'll be somewhere between +35 - +40.

Stock Wheel Sizes/Offsets

17x8 +50 - 235/45R17

17x9.5 +50 - 255/40R17

My car has stock wheels and body, but is lowered, I did some measurements this weekend, its seems as though I can accommodate 20mm more at the maximum, so the offsets you listed should be right in the ballpark...

Bear in mind this is my car, stock suspension may be a bit different?