The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dimming/pulsing dash lights when driving aem fault?

mellonman

as above

i seem to have noticed a problem coming up with my dash odo it seems to fulucuate a dim and normal also i have my aem afr wired into the ecu feed also doing this,i have a aem fic piggy back also on the same line as the afr,

is this to much for the ecu power feed line?

i also have a strage fault that with the afr wide band sensor plugged in.my turbo timer creaps up on its own just with ingition on but if i unplug it at the sensor or at the guage it stops this fault, also if i have the head lights on it stops it creaping up aswell

i have re done all conections

it has a new batterey

it does it all over the rev range

the aem fic did have power fluctations on input voltage 13 - 11 not a steady voltage

should i take the aem afr and wire it into the radio feed?

could it be the alternator?

I'm a little naive when it comes to electrics, but doesn't the afr sensor preheat etc, in which case I would look into the power consumption of the aem afr, I've just fitted 'a few' modules and displays along with the turbo timer and the boost controller.

I fitted a new power feed into the cabin with an ignition triggered relay. This was on the advice of Scott M on here. I'm glad I did as now I have everything wired in with seperate fuses, and a fused relay and a main fuse by the battery. Bit of an overkill possibly but it is complete peace of mind.

Have you tried disconnecting the afr to see whether the problem goes?

Edited by Robzki (see edit history)

Looks like its 1.3 amps

I'd definitely move it anyway for peace of mind, I would expect that Mr T planned his wiring to the ecu fairly accurately. Others may will know better but I'd be dubious about adding anything to the ecu powerfeed, especially if the piggyback is also powered from the original ecu power source. I would however use an earth as close to the ecu earth as possible. I think that this may be a benefit if you use the analogue output from the aem. I could be wrong, but I'd research it anyways

Edited by Robzki (see edit history)