The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sounds like my engine is f***ed!!!!

Jamesy

Had to wait a day to calm down but early thoughts are my bottom end is fcked :cry:

Developed a horrible knock friday as the car turned on. And if u rev it to about 2k rpm u can really hear it knocking.

Absolutley gutted as the car has been running superbly and have few drag events lined up.

Not 100% whats actually let go or how was caused yet but as i say its been spot on and no signs of a build up to this or a progression of deterioration. Just 'bang' out of nowhere.

Wish i could afford to do a built engine but never gonna happen.

In safe hands now with Lee but fcuk me what a nightmare :(

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutley gutted as the car has been running superbly and have few drag events lined up.

Not 100% whats actually let go or how was caused yet but as i say its been spot on and no signs of a build up to this or a progression of deterioration. Just 'bang' out of nowhere.

Bad news - no warnings which is worrying. Are there normally any tell tale signs or not?

Am guessing not

Thank u guys, means a lot

No idea whats happened yet will have to see what Lee finds when he drops the oil and checks whats on the magnetic sump plug ... But he is mega busy so will wait my turn!!

Dont know what the plan is really until know the problem, both Lee and Ricky have been really kind offering bits that might be needed. It is a stock bottom end, would love a built one with rods and pistons, bearing etc but cant afford it.

The injectors were running at high duty but Ryan kindly toned it down last week when i had the traction control fitted to keep it safe til the new fuel system went in.

Just fcking gutted by it.

Anything I can do to help mate, I'm more than happy to lend a hand. If I have any spare parts you need, there yours free of change.

I know what it's like when something like this happens. The 1st think you think is, "where the hell am I going to get the money from"

Like I said mate just ask.

Anything I can do to help mate, I'm more than happy to lend a hand. If I have any spare parts you need, there yours free of change.

I know what it's like when something like this happens. The 1st think you think is, "where the hell am I going to get the money from"

Like I said mate just ask.

Ditto that - I don't have many spares - but you're welcome to what I have

Am guessing not

my question wasn't about this case. a number of us are running singles with stock bottom ends, certainly worthwhile knowing if there "should" be any tell tale signs. Something that the driver can pick up on OR perhaps a mapper when mapping the car.