The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new Supra RZ TT BPU

Clancy2k

Well, after all my worries from yesterdays thread. I'm pleased to say i have my Supra and its f***ing awesome!

The garrage have refurbed and resprayed the alloys for me at no extra cost!

I'm still in shock and awe at how fast it takes off when u put the pedal to the metal!

supra1.jpg

supra2.jpg

supra3.jpg

supra4.jpg

looks not to bad, but the engine looks stock though. did "that garage" do the BPU for you and have you got details of it, fire up the sull spec list for it. hope to see you going about aberdeen soon. dont fully open it up untill your used to it

I'm planning to take it to wallace performance for a dyno mate.

The guy who delivered it assured me that all the BPU work i wanted has been done, so we'll see what the dyno says!

I'm planning to take it to wallace performance for a dyno mate.

The guy who delivered it assured me that all the BPU work i wanted has been done, so we'll see what the dyno says!

if your out and about later on tonight ill meet up with you for a look at yours. pm me your number and ill fire you a text when im out and about for a little while.

looks not to bad, but the engine looks stock though. did "that garage" do the BPU for you and have you got details of it, fire up the sull spec list for it. hope to see you going about aberdeen soon. dont fully open it up untill your used to it

The only thing you can "see" from the engine bay would be the 1st decat for BPU so i wouldnt go with looks stock to say it's not been BPU'd

Do you have a boost gauge fitted? Where in the deen are you from?

The only thing you can "see" from the engine bay would be the 1st decat for BPU so i wouldnt go with looks stock to say it's not been BPU'd

Do you have a boost gauge fitted? Where in the deen are you from?

Hey, I havn't got a boost guage fitted yet, i plan on getting one in the near future. It does have a turbo timer though, but i'm guesing that doesn't record boost pressure?

I live out near Ellon, just outside methlick.

Edited by Clancy2k (see edit history)

Have a look under the car and check if it still has the stock catalytic convertors fitted. The smaller first cat is nearest the engine, you'll probably need to jack the car up to see it, you should be able to see the longer 2nd cat that runs under the front seats and connects to the exhaust. If it is BPU it won't have the cats fitted; they'll be replaced with straight through decat pipes. If it doesn't have the cats fitted then you need to get a boost gauge ASAP to make sure the turbos are running at a safe pressure.

What turbo timer do you have. Some read boost and some don't.

I have taken a few pics of the exhaust and turbo timer. It looks pretty decated but i'm no exspert lol

And yeah, i'm deffo up for metting up for a look over the car.

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

exhaust4.jpg

turbo timer.jpg

I have taken a few pics of the exhaust and turbo timer. It looks pretty decated but i'm no exspert lol

I'm no expert but that exhaust looks like it hasn't been touched for a while, ie. it was already de-catted.

What did you actually pay extra for? I did ask you specifics on your previous thread regarding your imminent purchase

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?246863-First-Supra-tomorrow!!-D-(pics)/page4

Post 46

What have you been charged for.....?

The car has both cats removed, you need to get a boost gauge fitted ASAP, without one you have no idea what boost pressure it is making, > 1.2bar and there's a real chance of the turbos going pop.

I'd also have a look at the ECU to see if there is a Fuel Cut Defender fitted. The ECU is in the passenger footwell under the carpet and behind the black plastic cover, if you have an FCD fitted there will be a box with wires spliced into the wiring loom coming from the ECU.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Guest neo9918

The car looks nice, as nic says you will need so get a boost gauge in there as soon as possible to ensure you aren't putting too much stress on the turbos. My setup (whifbitz 2.5" decats and blitz nur spec rx) only boosted to 1 bar so was fine to run before the boost controller. However some can far exceed that figure, so go steady until you know the boost reading.

I can't see any obvious additional piping around the boost pressure area on the inlet but I am looking on my phone. Although there is some blue piping on the opposite side of the inlet which may be additional