The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sending my supra the USA?

Benyon

Ive been asked if I can find out how much it would cost me to import my car over to the USA, Does anyone know how I would go about that i.e. where to get a quote/who to use?

Also My car is an n/a auto & is up for sale for 3.2k, would he not be better off buy an N/A over there?

Im not sure where in the USA he is as he has just emailed now, ive asked him in my reply obviously. Does anyone have a rough idea what it could cost?

The biggest worry is the states is very strict on imports.

I think one of the states you can import to is Canada.

Make sure you get the money before you send it!

Your right it wouldnt get accepted into the US....but you can always buy it back at a huge discount. :)

Some states are pretty stricts, some others are less restrictives. I have seen rhd supras over in florida. A friend of mine used to get cars in the us to resell them here in france, a container for 2 cars was about 1,500€ at the time.

Back in 2005 I bought a na 5spd for $10k.

Guest TRD_TT

Surely he can get in touch with an import agent himself and find out - let them do the ground work, always be on guard with these type of transactions, always best to stay a little suspicious about overseas transactions.

Surely he can get in touch with an import agent himself and find out - let them do the ground work, always be on guard with these type of transactions, always best to stay a little suspicious about overseas transactions.

:yeahthat:

It could be some kid who's thinking I can get a Supra for under $5,000! Wow these people are so silly, all I gotta do is pay this guy & collect my car at the port & cruisssssse!

:D

california has probably the most strictest import car laws in the US, be wary :)

Good thing Governor Swarchenegger still owes me a few favours then.

Im gonna see what can be done to get the car their, if he's paying I dont care. He says over there a car like mine goes for 18-20k (dollers).