The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Supra

Starbuck

Shame I can't post pictures from my phone but just bought Getrags's Supra and am on my way from Glasgow to south London. If you see me, honk!

You got a nice first drive back in your supra :D

Enjoy (and dont watch the fuel needle too much)

Yeah got back ok thanks Hamish. Had a couple more pitstops and a power nap near Oxford and got home about 2am.

Pretty clear most of the way down, and managed the 490miles in the end with about 90 litres of fuel which works out to about 24mpg for mostly motorway driving :)

I'm going to use my 5p off a litre coupons to fill up with Tesco fuel now!

My phone ran out of charge so I only managed to take one picture, attached, taken at services just outside of Glasgow.

One thing I did learn on the way down, that I didn't think about before (Hamish you mentioned this to me but I didn't twig) is that the car is very low and doesn't like ramps! As the car is to be kept in an underground carpark which has a ramp to get in and out, or on my parents drive which is also quite steep, I'm going to need to raise the suspension or something else.

So now I'm on the look out for an experianced Supra Engineer/mechanic near south London who can support my Supra needs. I will be making a few calls soon, if anyone knows someone nearby feel free to drop me a pm with their contact details.

Then all it needs is a name!...any ideas? Working title is "Blue Thunder" unless something better comes along. :D

And I need to sort full membership out of course!

dffd 044.jpg

Edited by Starbuck
spelling! (see edit history)

Tein Superstreet I believe. It was low enough for the bumber to scrap the floor in a multi story and indeed just pulling out of the residential car park where I live I need to hit the road and an angle do that it doesn't scrape too much. Hopefully its just a case of raising it a little. Not done the maths yet.

Glad you got home Vinny, car is looking great. Glad its in good hands. Tein SS's yeah, it is lower than stock obviously but not as low as some. You can get through most multistories if you take your time and like you say, work out the angles to take ramps. Im sure a small raise will give you the clearance you need.

So now I'm on the look out for an experianced Supra Engineer/mechanic near south London who can support my Supra needs. I will be making a few calls soon, if anyone knows someone nearby feel free to drop me a pm with their contact details.

Search for SRD or AFR ;) Congrats on the purchase and welcome :)

As stated doesn't look too low in the pics so take your time, if you haven't been in the modified field before you will have to get used to going slowly over humps and being very road aware. I have had modified cars pretty much since I started, so even when I drive a standard car I am always slowly going over humps. Though on the plus side that is good for the suspension and shocks!

:)