The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine number location?

Supra Noodle

As you stand at the front of the car, the engine number is on the right hand side, towards the front of the block near the sump. Its got the engine code 2JZ cast, then below that a row of numbers. Ive got a pic at home but Im sadoly at work now.

As you stand at the front of the car, the engine number is on the right hand side, towards the front of the block near the sump. Its got the engine code 2JZ cast, then below that a row of numbers. Ive got a pic at home but Im sadoly at work now.

Cheers Swampy, I'll check it out and thanks for the pic.

On your V5 if you have done things correctly ;)

It wouldn't be on my V5 as i have had a TT conversion done, which means i've had the engine changed (it was an NA). It may have been on the donor cars V5 but i don't have it.

Another reason i need the engine number is to get my V5 ammended so it is done correctly.

• 4 years later...

Apologies for the thread revival but had a big problem trying to find the engine number earlier today.

Car finally arrived in Cyprus and I went down to the port to collect. Customs guys were having a lot of heated discussions over the fact that my V5 had not known in the engine number box.

I checked this site earlier to try and help me find the number but even though I think I was looking in the right area (front right area of the engine block) I just couldnt find it for the life of me.

Is it possible to find without lifting the engine? Engine undertray is still attached so wasnt able to look from underneath the car. Is it easier to see it if removed?

I will be taking it to an MOT centre out here either tomorrow or day after as they have to write the engine number on some official documentation so I can take back.

Was a happy and stressful day rolled into one

Ok the pic above shows it's near the passenger side engine mount, so it must be behind/beneath the oil filter when you look down from above. An angled mirror poked down that way might do the trick? or reaching down with a digital camera and keep snapping blindly til you get it in the frame?