The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Few questions about feasibility and how to do stuff :)

James

Ok, first of all my car is a '94 SZ NA-TT. It has no ABS, LSD or traction control.

I've just bought a full UK brake setup. I won't have any problems fitting them to the car will I? Just the requirement to cut back the dust covers I believe? Has anyone else got UK brakes with no ABS? If so, how does it feel? :)

Next thing...

I want to 'facelift' the car somewhat. I plan on fitting facelift rears soon. As for the front though, I have bought clear lensed 'facelifted' prefacelift lights. I'm happy with these for now and do not need facelift fronts (this also means I can retain my orange blobs :D ).

What I want to do in terms of 'facelifting' is remove my side repeaters and have the bumper corner side repeaters the facelift has. Is it as easy as taking the wire from the wing mounted repeaters down to the front and mounting a set of facelift repeaters or is this not doable (wire length, clip style etc.)?

Other thing are the facelift rear markers.I wish to have the rear markers wired up to come on when the rear lights do (as normal I presume?). Is this done simply by taking from the green connection in the rear light looms? Also, how easy would it be to actually put the rear markers onto the rear quarters? To appear genuine, do they have to be countersunk somewhat or do they just mount on top with a cutout for the wires to be fed through?

Has anyone done this before to their prefacelift?

I wouldn't put the rear side markers on. If I got my car resprayed they'd be off in a shot. No need for them and it just breaks up the smooth lines. I'm looking for something that looks a little more minimal than the chunky orange front side markers too. Was going to try the side indicators that usually go in the wing but with a smoked lense as it'd be smaller and more discrete, but that depends on the size of the hole left by the front markers. Obviously if you are dying for the OEM facelift look then what I said doesn't really apply :)

The rear side markers sit in to a cutout, and not an ordinary shape.

Can be done with masking tape, measure, dremel etc.

Ensure they are (cutouts) IDENTICALLY positioned otherwise they will look naff.

Once mounted and fixed its just a case of wiring them in to the loom.

You can buy good quality ones off e-bay, they are clear but come with an orange bulb for the US market. Get some w5w red led's to finish the look.

Personally, I wouldm't bother with the front facelift side marker as the bumper would probably need removing, and I think you've had enough of that!;)