The mkiv Supra Owners Club

If you were wanting a step up from the Supra?

AJI

As there seems to be a few people moving on from their Supra days, what would the rest of you consider a step up from the Supra?

Looking at it in terms if of if you sold the Supra and wanting the next level up.

A few years back I was considering this and my short list basically came down to TVR Ceberra, Noble M12 or a Ferrari 360.

Some people say a R34 Skyline, but I see this as a side step.

A step up meaning something more focussed than what the Supra offers....be that in what ever field of driving/motoring you would like that to be.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd agree except it's made out of plastic. Wouldn't say no to a ZR1 though.

I was going on general opinion from the other threads, I wouldn't buy one :p

I'd probably go for a Porsche or something similar depending on the prices when I was ready to buy.

I definitely don't see a Skyline as a step up.... the Supra is years ahead in the looks department and correct me if I'm wrong, but the engine isn't as bulletproof from what I have read.

The only real step ups in my opinion are proper Supercars (ie Lambo, Ferrari etc) but for some it's not necessarily a step up in performance. I think it's hard to move up without spending a lot more money.

R35 is a nice move in a different direction from a Supra I think, or a TVR if you can deal with the reliability issues... I'd absolutely love a Tuscan2 or a Cerbera but my head thankfully rules my heart these days :D

Cerbera (speed twelve if the Euros come up), a GTR, any recent Noble or an Ascari, Radical or Ultima, maybe a Caterham R500, 911 GT2/3, certain Ferraris or Lambos.

I'd love a Maserati Gran Turismo in black, but that wouldn't be a step up, just a piece of art.

There's some expensive machinery being mentioned.

I was more looking for along the lines of what is reasonably practical in terms of saving up to buy and ownership costs barring any lottery wins ;)

There are a few ways to interpret 'step up', one can be acceleration and top speed, another can be track handling and another could be cross-continental GT comfort and practicality.

As the Supra stands, it rates well in many of these categories. So a step up in performance on acceleration and track handling, for example, a Noble M400, this would compromise comfort and practicality on a long distance holiday.

Going for a Continental GT for example you are compromising on track handling.

So its hard to find a 'next step' car that would be a step up in every department from the Supra. Without a lottery win of course.