The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I love my knob...

neo2810

After winding myself up with a gear knob with universal fit which doesn't, I've finally found a nice little TRD knob with a screw thread like the original.

Now my knob is nice and tight, although slightly smaller than I'd have liked but I'll get used to handling it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305705546.536394.jpg

Where did you get this knob from? Im not unhappy with my knob but its a little shiny and sometimes i just cant feel it as i would like.

Can you tell me where you got this knob from so i can call them and get a replacement knob, i may even pop down and see if they will do an exchange for my knob....

Where did you get this knob from? Im not unhappy with my knob but its a little shiny and sometimes i just cant feel it as i would like.

Can you tell me where you got this knob from so i can call them and get a replacement knob, i may even pop down and see if they will do an exchange for my knob....

Have a look for a stock knob as they look the best IMO. Last one I saw sell on here was £40 :)

The TRD gear knob will only fit a 5spd, it won't allow the reversing collar on a 6spd to be lifted - something to check if buying any aftermarket gearknob.

You could fit a new stock gear knob (33504-14130-C0 Toyota 6spd Gear Knob)

The TRD gear knob will only fit a 5spd, it won't allow the reversing collar on a 6spd to be lifted - something to check if buying any aftermarket gearknob.

You could fit a new stock gear knob (33504-14130-C0 Toyota 6spd Gear Knob)

As far as I remember the round ones are OK Nic, it's the longer old fashioned looking ones that don't work with 6spd. I was after one for ages but ended up opting for stock.

As far as I remember the round ones are OK Nic, it's the longer old fashioned looking ones that don't work with 6spd. I was after one for ages but ended up opting for stock.

Yeah the longer ones definitely don't fit. *Searching back in my memory here* I tried one of the round ones on my own car ages ago, it does fit and you can lift the collar, but I remember it looks really odd as sits on top of the gear stick and leaves around 15mm of the gear stick shaft showing.

Yeah the longer ones definitely don't fit. *Searching back in my memory here* I tried one of the round ones on my own car ages ago, it does fit and you can lift the collar, but I remember it looks really odd as sits on top of the gear stick and leaves around 15mm of the gear stick shaft showing.

Yup, youre dead on Nic. The gaitor drops down leaving the stick exposed a bit. It's not totally shit but I'm still looking for a solution...

Yup, youre dead on Nic. The gaitor drops down leaving the stick exposed a bit. It's not totally shit but I'm still looking for a solution...

An off-cut of leather that you can wrap and Velcro or glue into place?