The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD Car cover

Dnk

My sister has recently had some covers made by a local guy for her

Alfa race cars.

These are custom made to fit her cars and the guy came out and took all

the measurements at her place.

Im in the process of getting his details so i can see if he's up for making

some exterior covers for the mkiv with the TRD kit on it.

I'll post more details as and when i get more info.

My first aim is to get a cover to go over the full TRD kit but im sure one could be made to go over the stock

bodied car with just the TRD wing fitted.

I guess there is a member near to me with a TRD wing fitted we could use to measure so i'll look into that as i go

My first aim is to get a cover to go over the full TRD kit but im sure one could be made to go over the stock

bodied car with just the TRD wing fitted.

I guess there is a member near to me with a TRD wing fitted we could use to measure so i'll look into that as i go

I wouldnt mind if its a bit big mate i'll just strap it underneath - at least the whole car would be covered includng bottom of wheels :)

I wouldnt mind if its a bit big mate i'll just strap it underneath - at least the whole car would be covered includng bottom of wheels :)

Okay thats good, obviously until its made and fitted we wont know how much bigger it would be but i

wouldnt think it would be much.

You do need to be carefull though because if its too big it will be on the ground which isn't what you want.

If you want to cover your wheels you should get seperate wheel covers.

Okay i've been doing my homework and just got off the phone to the cover company and their

popping a brochure in the post to me along with some samples.

Making us a custom cover to fit the TRD widebody isn't a problem and they have a place i can take my

car to in Cradley Heath to get it measured.

Heres their website address so you can have a look http://www.classicadditions.co.uk

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

The custom made cover they make to order is a lightweight breathable outdoor everday cover but

not 100% waterproof.

The heavy duty 100% water proof type with soft inner lining and welded seams isnt usually custom made but the lady i

spoke to is going to find out if thats possible and asked me to send some pics of my car so im just

waiting to here back from them.

If you look on the website all the info is there on the heavy duty cover and the lightweight custom made cover

Any ideas on price yet mate?

I don't know if they will make a custom fitted cover in the heavy duty outdoor material so no price yet.

I doubt there going to be cheap, i'd have thought around the £200 - £250 mark going on the cataloge prices

• 2 weeks later...

They cant make the heavy duty outdoor cover as a custom fit

The only covers they can do in a custom fit are the lightweight outdoor cover which isnt 100% waterproof

and starts at £220 + £35 to measure and the ultimate cover which is waterproof but starts at

£400 + £35 to measure up the car

• 5 months later...