The mkiv Supra Owners Club

US Supra prices suck

supradibbs

Supra prices over here are nuts, was looking at getting back into one but way too much money.Was tempted to buy the ex Do-Luck usa car aka (general lee) but $45,0000!!!(28,0000)and thats fairly cheap

Guess not going to own a supra again typical just got the nice big garage too:(

Where about's are you located? There are a couple of ways to get a RHD one in but it depends on the state.

Where about's are you located? There are a couple of ways to get a RHD one in but it depends on the state.

I think you can get them through Canada if I am correct? Get them registered their first? Heard its a long process.

I think you can get them through Canada if I am correct? Get them registered their first? Heard its a long process.

That's one way, if you buy it from someone in Canada or have it registered by a Canadian citizen in Canada before driving across the border, another way is to import a rolling shell seperate to the drivetrain etc, then register it as a kit car, however, if you live in California, forget it, they are waaaay too strict on imports and if they find out what you have done, prepare to have the car seized and crushed.

It is a very grey area but I do know 2 lads on Supraforums who both have RHD Supra's in the states by purchasing them from Canada.

Exactly. Loads of cheap 'vettes over there, or the 2002-2004 Mustang 'Terminator' Cobra :cool:

A brand new 2011 Dodge Charger R/T with a 370 HP 5.7 Hemi V8 is only $30,000 or splash out on

the new Challenger with a 470 HP Hemi V8 but thats nearly $45,000 but worth every dime in my book.

dodge-challenger-2011.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

A brand new 2011 Dodge Charger R/T with a 370 HP 5.7 Hemi V8 is only $30,000 or splash out on

the new Challenger with a 470 HP Hemi V8 but thats nearly $45,000 but worth every dime in my book.

I want one of those so bad :(

Agreed.

Dont want a supra.. Get a Vette.. Cost nothing and easy to tune.

I think the supra prices in US are fine. Compared to EU models, then they are much lower.

Problems is the interiors suck and they are not great to drive.

Problems is the interiors suck and they are not great to drive.

Not sure how bad the interior is but the challenger is 6 speed manual, brembo brakes and independant suspension

so gets round corners fairly well :)