The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Max wheel width with stock arches

Paul Whiffin

I'm thinking of getting some wheels made for Supra fitment as I think there is a lack of fitments available. I wont say who the manufacturer is as yet but they are a well known brand and the style I'm interested in look very tasty.

Anyway, I want to get them made in 18" diameter with 10" front and 11" rear, would anyone know the offset required to fit under a stock rolled arched?

They are also available in 12" or 13" wide but I cant see them going under a stock arch.

Thanks

Paul

I'm thinking of getting some wheels made for Supra fitment as I think there is a lack of fitments available. I wont say who the manufacturer is as yet but they are a well known brand and the style I'm interested in look very tasty.

Anyway, I want to get them made in 18" diameter with 10" front and 11" rear, would anyone know the offset required to fit under a stock rolled arched?

They are also available in 12" or 13" wide but I cant see them going under a stock arch.

Thanks

Paul

i think JAZZ1 has 12" rears under a stock arch but unsure of the spec and offset. JamieP is your best bet for advice as he has had so many varients on his own car.

Paul - this sounds like a great idea.

What about starting with most desirable tyre sizes and then sizing the wheel widths to suit....then the offsets.

I'm sure a lot of people would like a 265/35/18 up front (275/35/18 seems to big no matter the offset) and the rear tyre availability leaves a lot to be desired above 295 in 18". What size tyres are you thinking people will run at the rear?

My 11.5" rear is setup with a 45mm offset and 315 tyre - with stock or any Bilstein dampers the tyre will hit the inner wheel arch at full droop even at that offset. A 50mm would be even worse but I know they do it on SF and put up with the ballache fitting the wheels and the risk of bodywork contact :D

My 11.5" rear is setup with a 45mm offset and 315 tyre - with stock or any Bilstein dampers the tyre will hit the inner wheel arch at full droop even at that offset. A 50mm would be even worse but I know they do it on SF and put up with the ballache fitting the wheels and the risk of bodywork contact :D

That surprises me, every other supra in the states runs the ccw's, they are 100% 11.5 et50

If you could find the offset on CCW's that would work perfect.

All their 18x11's work fine with stock rolled arches. Same with 18x10

Mine is a et53 iirc

Bear in mind they run a 285/30/18 up front on that 10" rim - nothing else. That may be a little limiting for some people. A 275/35/18 does not work (too tall) and a 265 is very stretched on a 10" rim.

That surprises me, every other supra in the states runs the ccw's, they are 100% 11.5 et50

If you ask them - they hit the bodywork. When anyone posts up there and questions it they get told it's normal though, a bit like the caliper rubbing up front. :) With a Tein or similar coilover they won't rub the body as the suspension hardly droops at all. I'll dig out a pic...

If you ask them - they hit the bodywork. When anyone posts up there and questions it they get told it's normal though, a bit like the caliper rubbing up front. :) With a Tein or similar coilover they won't rub the body as the suspension hardly droops at all. I'll dig out a pic...

Lol, sounds like you have it sussed with the 45 offset then, maybe for Paul and a wheel that people can fit with ease an 11" would be best.

I can't see it being acceptable at all over here, given the state of our roads :D

Lol, sounds like you have it sussed with the 45 offset then, maybe for Paul and a wheel that people can fit with ease an 11" would be best.

Kind of mate .... I had to limit my suspension droop by 15mm and do a little bodywork on the inner arch butafter all that I have plenty body clearance now. I could probably come back closer to a 50 offset but there'd be no chance with normal Bilsteins. The other obstacle is hitting the spring so I changed those too!

One bloke replied to somebody's 315 rubbing question on SF with "my wheels did the same thing...i have 19x13 ccw 505a's...the trick is, place the jack under the control arm and jack it up just high enough for the wheels to clear the springs...bolt the wheel on, then drop the car "

Yes I reckon a 50 offset looks spot on - I thought mine stuck out too much at 45mm but I'm gonna give it some time to decide.

I just wanted Paul to be aware that if he planned to sell wide wheels as per the CCW 11.5s and the 50 offset he might need to include a few words of warning about stock or Bilstein suspension setups and the necessary "fitting practices" :)

Thanks for the replies on this. I was also thinking of just doing them in the usual 9" and 10" sizes which are the most popular fitment. That way the wheels will be slightly cheaper and the tyres as well being smaller. What I don't want to happen is for me to lumbered with a load of wheels as I've got a minimum quantity I have to order.

A bit of a thread hijack here but what is the max width you can fit on the back without rolling the arches on 18's? What about 19's? What about the fronts?

You would need a lame offset, something like a 10.5" with a et60 or a 10" et50 may work, not a great look though imo. if you dont want to roll them id stick with some gs300/TTe wheels.

• 1 month later...

Hi chaps,

I'm finally getting somewhere on this. They will be available in 9", 10.5" and 11" all with correct Supra offset to use with the stock arch and they aren't going to break the bank either. Price to be confirmed so please dont ask me for an exact price yet, but somewhere around £1000, may be less. I can start taking orders though if people want to get there hands on these.

These are the initial pictures I have available, what do you think?

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/forum pics/rs.jpg