The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone doing the Oulton track day this Wednesday day the 18th May?

Chris Wilson

Sure, no charge. Just drive into the paddock. There may be a fee for passengers, and they will certainly have to sign an indemnity form, but if you want a run round I am sure something could be arranged. If you decide to come my mobile number is in my sig, but obviously when driving or in the briefing I won't be answering :)

If thats cool with you Chris, would love a run round in your skyline, I don't mind renting one I am sure your missus doesn't want my fat sweaty head in hers :). Will bring the camera along see if I can get a nice shot of you tearing up the track :). What time you hoping to be there from?.

Edited by bobapple (see edit history)

Great day down at Oulton today, it was my introduction to track days not driving myself but sitting shotgun, what a big eye opener, Chris not only do you build a mean engine you can drive it mean too. This was my first time on a track even in a passenger seat and wow I mean I have sat passenger in some fast Skylines before but never one with a sequential gearbox and what a difference. I was pretty much using every muscle I had to stay in my seat. I also got a ride in a championship mx5 which was crazy in the corners not much top end grunt but carried speed well through corners (well when on the ground :D). So another big thanks Chris for letting me come down and see what it's all about, think I've got a steep learning curve :).

Great day down at Oulton today, it was my introduction to track days not driving myself but sitting shotgun, what a big eye opener, Chris not only do you build a mean engine you can drive it mean too. This was my first time on a track even in a passenger seat and wow I mean I have sat passenger in some fast Skylines before but never one with a sequential gearbox and what a difference. I was pretty much using every muscle I had to stay in my seat. I also got a ride in a championship mx5 which was crazy in the corners not much top end grunt but carried speed well through corners (well when on the ground :D). So another big thanks Chris for letting me come down and see what it's all about, think I've got a steep learning curve :).

I havent been in this latest build but had a passenger ride round Donington a long while back, he certainly knows how to get it round a circuit :thumbs:

Will have to wait for pics I am old school two rolls of film shot :). So will be tomorrow before their ready. I have always wanted to have ago on a track day, but been bit nervous as I don't know whether my skills are up to the job and would be gutted if I binned my Supe, think I need to start on a lower par something I wouldn't be bothered about if it smashed into a barrier or blew up.

Will have to wait for pics I am old school two rolls of film shot :). So will be tomorrow before their ready. I have always wanted to have ago on a track day, but been bit nervous as I don't know whether my skills are up to the job and would be gutted if I binned my Supe, think I need to start on a lower par something I wouldn't be bothered about if it smashed into a barrier or blew up.

You would be surprised how well a MKIV handles, if you are worried about a proper circuit go somewhere like Bruntingthorpe and just throw the car about and learn how it handles ;)