The mkiv Supra Owners Club

White Ridox Supra

add heywood

Thought I would share my progression of my supra from when I bought it in 2008 to how it looks now. Had a manic week trying to get it ready for Japfest. Car was still in bits until a few days ago when we could finally get started on it.

Tuesday morning set off at 4.00 am from Manchester to London to pick up a ridox kit off Paul at Whifbitz, decided to go with ridox carbon side skirts, front bumper and carbon front diffuser. Got there about 9 ish and then turned around and came back up lol. Managed to drop the kit off at the bodyshop to be sprayed (in Wigan) at about 2.30 pm and then went straight to work till 9 :( Wednesday was up at 7 to catch the train to Newcastle to pick the car up off Jurgen (after having some work done). The engine was still in bits as I was on the train and the parts we needed turned up at about 2 pm. A big thanks to Jean at JM Imports for a very quick build of the engine back up :thumbs:

Hit the lovely Newcastle rush hour traffic so got back home at about half 8 that night.

Thurday morning, got a phonecall to say the kit was ready to pick up, so then started stripping the car ready for the new kit.... what a ballache! The origional skirts had been siliconed on so they were a pita to get off, 40 mins each side to get them off :rolleyes:

Bumper was a bit easier to do though which was good. After doing a load of work to the new skirts to get them to fit had to go to work at 4 again till half 8. Work through till about half 1 in the morning getting the carbon splitter on the bumper, cutting holes for the side markers and fitting the front indicators. It was a time consuming job, the side marker bolt on positions were not countersunk so a bit of modding got them to fit flush. Taking the old light out of the old bumper someone had bodged them in with more silicone :rolleyes: so another half hour getting them out lol.

Friday morning up started after I dropped the kids off at 9, tried to fit the bumper with the splitter (which has a built in undertray) to find the Trust oil cooler was sitting too low for it to fit, so yet more modding to try and get over that problem. After going to work again managed to finish at about half 10 Friday night with everything as it should :thumbs:

This is what it looked like when I first picked it up from Jurgens in 2008

And this is what it looks like now, sorry for the rubbish photo's but it was late on this evening and it had been raining all day, the car had driven all the way back from Japfest so it was filthy, and my camera skills are somewhat questionable...

Maybe some pics will surface from Japfest that show it off a bit better than my efforts here lol. A massive thanks to Add Faz for the help and late nights, without him it wouldnt have been ready in time for the weekend :thumbs:

Did look nice at japfest Add, one of my favourite kits, who is going to be first to go full ridox then? arches and all the carbon bits?

don't look at me, she would boot my Knackers up and down the street. Plus just spent a Wad for a new Combi being installed this Thur/Fri

So on that note, Im Out!! For now...... :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

i loved the look of it at japfest,now get the alignment issue sorted on the bumper and it will look perfect as that was the first thing that stood out.

Yeah, was a rush job trying to get it ready, its missing a fixing bolt near the drivers side headlight which will line it up. I couldnt get at it without taking off the splitter and I couldnt be arsed lol. It didnt help that people didnt see the splitter and kept knocking it with their feet, making the bumper drop...

Looks lovely that, I'm quite liking the Ridox kit especially in white with the carbon skirts and front

One thing, the drivers side indicator looks wonky

My double sided sticky foam has died lol Damn the rain. That was the one that was siliconed on the old bumper, it has on of the bolts snapped off the back, easy fix but didnt have time to do...

looks aweome mate..

that bumper should be easy to line up as we have had some whiftbiz front ridox and they fit well...

your bodyshop should be able to sort with no issues.

how is the new engine bits doing/feeling ?

Spot on mate :thumbs: quiet as a mouse now, just runs like a dog, especially when it's cold. Need to get this plenum on so I can get it mapped.

Excellent choice of kit :thumbs: The little bits on the end of your front splitter are they pre fitted to the splitter or can you choose not to fit them? Also where bouts did you get your clear side indicator and rear markers :)

Excellent choice of kit :thumbs: The little bits on the end of your front splitter are they pre fitted to the splitter or can you choose not to fit them? Also where bouts did you get your clear side indicator and rear markers :)

The canards on the end of the splitter bolt on, so you can remove them if you want.