The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cash for a Decat

Clarkey

Hi all,

Working out some figures for a Decat

How labour intensive is it ? And How much are we talking £££ wise for a Decat - just the labour. Just rough figures.

Quick Question - alot of ppl here seem to have the Greddy FCD. I'm assuming because these are the best - but is there any reason why ?

Cheers,

Christian.

I'll be getting me one of those then.

I like the idea - that it raises the fuel cut not eliminate it. So for me I'd configure it for 1.1 Bar - or - 15.95Psi.

Am I right that 1.2 Bar is the absolute limit ? Going 1.1Bar a wise precaution as not to but the stock turbos under more stress than already ?? - any opinions guys ?

Just to go back to my other question - is it time-consuming to do a full decat ? 3hrs-4hrs ?

Originally posted by Jake

GReddy? I think you'll find most folks that have a FCD are using the TRL/Thor one.

Frankly you'd be silly to get anything other than TRL one.

Hey! whats wrong with the Greddy BCC? I have one.... Highly reccomended by MKIV.com, canna be that bad

:p

Originally posted by heckler

Hey! whats wrong with the Greddy BCC? I have one.... Highly reccomended by MKIV.com, canna be that bad

:p

I have replaced 2 dead Greddy ones in the last 10 days, never had a TRL one die on a car I've had in. My own Supra, MKIV, years ago, was fitted by me, with a Greddy one, TRL wasn't doing them then. It died after 2 days, on the first lap of Oulton, on the cars first track day. I have never trusted them since. I got it working again by moving it into the heater air stream, with the A/C on full cold. Missed 3 sessions messing with the damned thing. As soon as the thing warmed up much it went funny...