The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just crashed

Dim Sum

:( Okay in short I had a car crash.

I was driving on the main road when a girl pulled out of a side road and crashed into the side of my car. For reference she pulled out exactly when I was in front of the side road she was in.

The girl blamed me for the accident and that I was speeding (which I wasn't). It was late at night and I was returning home from work. I understand people are sleeping so I don't drive fast especially at night. There are no skid marks on the road and my car didn't go swerving out of control on the impact.

Can any of you give me any information if I'm in the wrong or she is. I do remember that I found it strange that she didn't once look out to the right for incoming cars.

Here are some pictures of the damage:

Any help would be great.

Edited by Dim Sum (see edit history)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for everyone's positive comments. To broomie i feel sorry for you but I hoping not to lose my car because of this incident, too much sweat and blood has gone into this car, my first supra. Imported myself, had her from stock and it seemed it was all going well till now.

If you want to keep if, fight with the insurance company but DO NOT let them take it away! They try to write them off too easily and will lead you a bit of a dance but stand your ground and take no shite but don't let the car out of your sight! They have no right to take your car away until a decision has been made.

And it's most definitely her fault - she was under the influence of owning a vagina!

If you want to keep if, fight with the insurance company but DO NOT let them take it away! They try to write them off too easily and will lead you a bit of a dance but stand your ground and take no $#@!e but don't let the car out of your sight! They have no right to take your car away until a decision has been made.

And it's most definitely her fault - she was under the influence of owning a vagina!

exactly! ive donated a passenger door, so he only needs a front wing and a repair on the rear wing if chassis is straight! and if it is straight id bypass insurance totally!

I'd tend to agree in principle as it looks pretty cosmetic in terms of panel replacement. Gets her off the hook a bit though. Although you'll still have to inform your insurance company as she'll be informing hers (who will be in touch with yours). I'm assuming you swapped details?

its a difficult one! ins will cat D that and then its worthless! mine was at a guess Cat B?? but i didnt go through insurance! told them about it, but didnt claim! and broke it & scrapped it myself making alot more than market value! if that were mine id be tempted to stop insurance intervention and fix it myself!

I'd get a quote for repair first! Wing and door are straight replacement - rear is an easy bit of panel work and filler. Keron would have most if not all of the parts needed (as well as yourself and members on here). Then it's paint and labour time.

So sorry to hear this!

I had a cab driver do exactly the same thing when I had the FTO! I was on a main road poodling along and then he just pulled out to turn right from a side road without even looking! He then had the guts to blame me, and to top it off he had passengers in the back! Who then become my witness as he gentlemen in the back said, "I saw your car from miles away, you had them nice lights" (6k xeons), have no idea why he pulled out without looking to the right.

Feel sorry for you chap. It would appear from your description it was definately her fault. Don't know the answer to the above but we have a couple of police guys on here so I would think they could answer that. Hope you get it sorted.

It is her fault, no question about it.

Sorry to see this, I always watch people pulling out of side roads and make sure they've definitely seen me and are looking at me before relaxing and driving past as I've had too many people pull out in front of me. Not that that helps now but still.

Hope you sort it quickly and easily.

I find it laughable that she blamed you. I am assuming that there were double white broken lines at the junction she pulled out of. Did you take a picture of her car? She could always argue that you drifted sideways into her....:D

I hope you can get your car fixed but I am pretty sure the insurance will write it off.

H.

Thank you very much guys :) It helps alot to hear some good things but still quite not happy about the car might be written off. Heres a picture of the road she came out off. image

The other thing i was wondering is that IF it is going to be a write off, will they pay for all the modifications that i didn't insure? The story is that my girlfriends parent insured me in the multi car policy and i was reading it up last night after crash and on my policy it didnt state ANY MODS at all..............

no they wont to be short ( you might want to take as many off as possible before the insurance come to view as if they want to be c**ts about it they can void your insurance!!) not so much with cosmetic mods but any performance ones they can be harsh on.

no they wont to be short ( you might want to take as many off as possible before the insurance come to view as if they want to be c**ts about it they can void your insurance!!) not so much with cosmetic mods but any performance ones they can be harsh on.

Everything on mine is cosmetics mods expect the exhaust. Would the insurer still check even if it aint my fault on the accident.

all depends on the guy who comes to view most times they dont bother in my experience. id probably take them off anyway if you can though because they wont be taken into consideration with the insurance value so if they do write it off you can get money back by selling your bits.

would like to point out im not an insurance broker or anything ive just seen this kind of thing happen with a few friends cars etc.