The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Geometry Setup - Scotland

AlliRR

I think Geo used Kenny Brown in Hillington. My mate recommended someone else to me as well but can't remember who. I will ask him again as i am needing mine done as well.

:yeahthat:

Car was set up perfectly, that was just before Knockhill when i went on the track. what a difference it made, won't go anywhere else.

Me and Marc are both going to be needing this soon. What sort of price?

Standard setup with no hassles is around the £75 mark. My adjusters were a bit siezed and they had a bit of trouble loosening them off so I was 115 :)

Price looks good...how long does it take as Hillington isnt that close a walk to anywhere and would prob have to wait on the car!?

Couple of hours, I was there for 3. I just sat in the waiting room, can go for a wander if you like though.

Price looks good...how long does it take as Hillington isnt that close a walk to anywhere and would prob have to wait on the car!?

Braehead isn't too far away mate. Price wise I was a couple of pennies under £100.

I was going for the Lance setup, but when Kenny asked I just said give me the most grip and he said no bother.

He spends a lot of his time setting up rally cars for professional rally teams so he isn't just a spanner monkey that works to a manual. Always good to know that the person working on your car has indepth knowledge :D

To answer your question I went with the Kenny B setup lol.

Whats his ramp like, would i be able to get my car on it?

I can't be sure, but I don't think mine was done on a ramp. Think each corner lifted onto the cups individually. I certainly didn't see my car high off the deck.

Whats his ramp like, would i be able to get my car on it?

Cant actually remember dude, i left my car outside with him. you would need to pop over and let him see the car,

Im going to phone him tomorow and get booked in asap. My car feels unstable at high speed and its destroying tyres without any effort. I blame the last place that set it up... Or my driving!

The driving dude, hehehehehehehe

Car will feel so much better to drive once its setup properly. :D Ask before and after settings to see how much its actually out. :D

• 11 months later...

Thought I'd revive this before the last post on it was over a year ago (just made it)

After failing my mot last week on rear tyres, I noticed that they were really worn on the inside.

I knew it was running some negative camber when I bought it but I diddnt think anything of it as the car handled really well.

So anyway, I saw this thread and after ordering Goodyear eagle f1's off camskill to pas my mot, and them not being cheap rubber, I felt like it was worth going to visit Kenneth brown.

So that's where I am now, waiting in a caffe in hulking ton (actually wrote hillington but that's what the iPhone changed it too lol, what a cool place hulking ton would be!) waiting on a phone call. Hopefully all will go well an he won't find any problems.

I asked him for a balance of even tyre wear and grip and also for the before and after figures.

I'll update later on when I know how it went.

Edited by Marcus GTE (see edit history)