The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just about to buy!!!!! HELP

chris21

Hi Guys I am just about to buy this but would like some advice first, I live in Thailand and not much availible here and importing is out of the question 300% import tax, and a real pain in the arse to register, so gonna buy here, if you have time please take a look at the link http://www.one2car.com/TOYOTA_SUPRA/D29110879 most of it is in Thai but parts are in english like Greedy T88 and other small snippets, cost about 30k GBP, not cheap!! Apparently it upgarded to 800HP [who knows] it's 2000 model, manual, single turbo, looks like a face lift model, looks ok, but my only worry is if it has been upgraded that it has been THRASHED and is Knackered!!! I know the basics to look for blue exhaust horrible noise fron the engine/gearbox, can you guys advise on any other things I should look for in a high HP Supra.

They say 57.000KMS but as you can see the steering wheel has seen a lot more and the wear under the Fag lighter??? have not driven it yet but will next week if not sold, the car is in Bangkok and I live Pattaya about 180kms away, if you click on the small pic's it will enlarge.

Cheers any info welcome,

Chris

Edited by chris21
spelling wrong and wrong info (see edit history)

What ecu is in it, who mapped it, what clutch, what engine supporting mods, need much more info. £30 K sounds criminally expensive, but if that's what that sort of thing fetches out there and it's a "must have" well.... I think I'd have something local and cheap and £25K + extra in the bank myself.

What ecu is in it, who mapped it, what clutch, what engine supporting mods, need much more info. £30 K sounds criminally expensive, but if that's what that sort of thing fetches out there and it's a "must have" well.... I think I'd have something local and cheap and £25K + extra in the bank myself.

Thanks for the reply sorry have no idea and probabaly will never know, it will definatly be a Jap import from about 2-4 years ago. This is waht is says in the add most is in Thai

สีดำ, เกียร์ธรรมดา, วิทยุ, ล้อแมกซ์, CD, ABS, AIRBAG, พ.พาวเวอร์, ก.ไฟฟ้า, ซ. ล็อก, เบาะหนังแท้ 2JZ VVTI TURBO เดี่ยว GREEDY T88 INTERCOOLER, แคม GREEDY 800 แรงม้า ,กระจกมองข้างปรับไฟฟ้า,ไมล์ดิจิตอล,กุญแจรีโมท,เบาะหนังแท้ปรับไฟฟ้าที่นั่งคนขับ,ชุดแต่งรอบคัน,สปอยเลอร์หลัง,พวงมาลัย TRD, คลัชทองแดง OS 3 แผ่น,แม็ก VOLK RACING TE37 ขอบ19นิ้ว

Appanently it's got heated seats which I read is rare!!!

If I take it for a thrash are there any tell tail signs I should look for??? we do have some good tunning garages here such as AVO Turboworld Asia and There is Bira International Racetrack in Pattaya so were not completly backward in that respect, but i know what you mean nothing like in the UK.

Any info welcome.

Chris

Hi Jurgen

The import Tax is 280-300% so you think ok I will get a low value reciept but they will look at the car and make there own value, so I would really need a scruffy looking one, also you gotta pay the customs official off about 2-3k and then get it registerd, it can be done, I spoke to you a few weeks ago about this.

Maybe next week I will look into importing again with the customs [pay them a visit]. and find out myself.

Thanks for the reply.:)

Chris