The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My car

Paul Laing

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul, Mods arnt going to up the price at all, unless you were running a single or high power twins, you have to remember that Rob will most likely get more for his as its totally standard, when people start modifiying their cars theres only going to be a handful of people that would tune and style the car the same way, so your now looking at a smaller market.

Id guess that you could probably get somewhere round the 14k mark.

Edit : you'd probably be best getting back to stock(as much as you can) then sell the other parts.

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Approx 500bhp at the flywheel

180+ mph Top Speed

0-60 - Low 4 seconds

¼ Mile In Mid 12s

Where did these figures come from then Paul? I thought your best ¼mile was in the 13s

There's like NO WAY your car makes 500bhp

Really, theres been loads of cars on here for that price, Rob Moch's is around £15k i believe, and Darrell Paynes is £16k

.....and neither of them have been bought yet, have they?

The cars not for sale and never will be, I have BIG plans for this car engine wise!!! TBH I knew I’d get replys like this, so that’s fine. The figures will be correct, Bpu supras running 1.3 or 1.4 bar make 500bhp at the flywheel and around 420rwhp, proven by many cars in the UK and US, not the jap cars as there crap! But the UK and US cars lol

Read and you shall see :) and about the ¼ mile times, I believe with my 17s on and the slicks I can achieve 12.5 which is mid 12s am I correct? I ran 13.2 with just under 1.1 bar, no single turbo and it was near some of the cars at TOTB3…

Paul

When you start stripping the parts off give me first dibs on the wheels and bling please :)

£13,500 > £14,000 would be my highest offer if I was in the market, that price would be the same with or without mods, the only person who will pay more than that is someone who wants those exact mods and appreciates the saving that could be had over standard.

You could sell for a lower price and make a few grand selling the mods off seperately.

It's a rare car for sure but it's not in a desirable colour and the mods are very personal, the only person willing to pay £18k would be you :)

A UK car is only worth a premium to someone looking for a UK car, yours has enough mods on it to almost "Jap it up" that little bit too much IMO, it doesn't offer the same UK appeal as a near standard example like mine :D

For what it's worth if you were selling I know someone who is looking for something very much like yours, although the colour might be an issue.

is that what you call false advertizing claiming low 4`s and 180+ top speed and a mid 12

you have to do them sort of times before can claim them. or people will think you got gaz to write your spec sheet. and we know gaz is a good salesman:eek:

jap cars are crap and uk cars are old technology :D

The cars not for sale and never will be

OK then you should be able to answer your own question then - how much is it insured for and how much would they pay out in the event of a total loss?

I have BIG plans for this car engine wise!!!

Tell me more :)

The figures will be correct, Bpu supras running 1.3 or 1.4 bar make 500bhp at the flywheel and around 420rwhp, proven by many cars in the UK and US

This isn't Supraforums Paul ;)

and about the ¼ mile times, I believe with my 17s on and the slicks I can achieve 12.5 which is mid 12s am I correct?

I'd wait until you achieve it before giving too much money away in bets, ChrisB seems to be capable of it but not all cars and drivers are the same :)

Anyway it'll be interesting to follow your progress, just don't dig the hole too deeply :innocent:

LOL Cheers Mcanny but she's not for sale, not at any price!

TBH The mods i have done all can be taken off, thats why i only did bolt on cosmetic mods, the skirts can come off and the stock ones put back on, and the stock spoiler too. And i also have my 17s, the boost controller can come off, etc etc so it could look totally stock if i wanted it to. 6 speeds go for more than Auto's and i'm sure most 'decent' UK specs go for £14-£15k and thats the Auto's!!!

Nahh, i couldn't sell it. NEVER! ;)

i'm sure most 'decent' UK specs go for £14-£15k and thats the Auto's!!!

I consider mine "decent" (and hopefully those who have seen it would agree) but I wouldn't consider asking much more than £12k for it, £12,500 maybe - even then I'd be playing on the "rare UK" factor :)

Yours is nice Mcanny, but how many miles has it got? You don't see many 6 speeds for that price, mine has 65k miles, 1 previous owner as Gaz only had it a month! They allways go for a few grand more than the Auto's, then if someone wants one like mine, £16k is easilly possible!

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

I love these performance claims :D Must sell my car and get a slightly bpu'd UK car...

OK, I'll up my bid... £18.50 And a packet of Quavers, (Extra cheesey!) ;)

I would, ChrisB beat your time before the cough cough clutch went! What does that say? I got 13.2 on a hot day running less boost than you, and your time was only 12.97! Not much in it eh?