The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question abuot the sale of my car

Benyon

Ive just had a phone call about my car seen on PH, This guy's brother wants a supra, The guy who rang me owns a supra TT auto, he wants his brother to have an N/A as he thinks the TT will be to powerfull for him.

The guy who rang me (I think his brothers shy thats why he's asking me) has an R reg subaru WRX sti & a supra TT auto which he has just offered me a swap for (after both of us inspecting each other cars obviously).

Now my insurance is still over 4k for any type of subaru with a turbo, so thats out of the question (unless it would be worth more than my N/A Supra).

My question is, what sort of condition would the TT supra have to be in to NOT be worth swapping for my N/A?

I cant get insured on the TT supra but Its gotta be worth more than my N/A.

Bit confusing, but are you saying he wants to offer you a Supra TT and Scooby for your Supra N/A?!

lol yeah it was confusing to write, he was offering a choice to swap my car for one of his.

Just spoke to him again and he wants about 2k + my car for the supra, with me not being in work I have bills to pay so I told him I cant afford that. The subaru is uninsurable (spelling) for me however Im wondering weather it might sell easier or be worth more than my supra, he wants my car + £500 for the R reg subaru WRX STI

lol yeah it was confusing to write, he was offering a choice to swap my car for one of his.

Just spoke to him again and he wants about 2k + my car for the supra, with me not being in work I have bills to pay so I told him I cant afford that. The subaru is uninsurable (spelling) for me however Im wondering weather it might sell easier or be worth more than my supra, he wants my car + £500 for the R reg subaru WRX STI

Ah right, that makes more sense. Would be worth going on line and seeing how much his car might be worth. But be careful, as you don't know anything about his car, but you know everything about yours. You may end up loosing out?

Yeah matt i was thinking about the condition of his compared to mine & I wouldnt want to lose out. Ive just been looking at STI's & there are quite a few for sale under 3k, I dont think its going to worth the aggro as I would still need to sell the subaru.

At first he didnt mention anything about sending money his way so I mentioned "how much would you want towards your car aswell as my own car?". he actually asked me how much would I give him towards the supra TT, I said 1k as im not in work but he wanted atleast 2k.

yeah, had the subaru been worth 4k+ it may have been worth it but as they're so many forsale for 2.5k upward I dont think its worth the hassle like you said. Also I can get classic insurance on a 300zx TT for less than £400 a year so my plan is to have one of them till I can afford the insurance on a TT supra (thats what I really want to own).

EDIT: thanks for your input matt.

yeah, had the subaru been worth 4k+ it may have been worth it but as they're so many forsale for 2.5k upward I dont think its worth the hassle like you said. Also I can get classic insurance on a 300zx TT for less than £400 a year so my plan is to have one of them till I can afford the insurance on a TT supra (thats what I really want to own).

EDIT: thanks for your input matt.

No problem. Sounds like a plan :thumbs: