The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How far have you taken your supra?

JohnK

Like it says in the title, whats the furthest you have taken your supe away from home?

Here's a couple of pics to get started, the first is in malmo with the bridge between Copenhagen (Denmark) and Malmo (Sweden) in the background.

The second is outside Borgholm's slottsruin on Öland which is an island off the east coast of Sweden. Many a music vid has been shot there including one by Bon Jovi (I forget the track) and Roxette 's Listen to Your Heart.

Im Currently in Stockholm but I doubt Ill get the chance to take any pics here :(

Originally posted by oxygene

I havent been out of the UK in my Supra yet, but I've driven 76,000 miles in him since Feb 2002

Bloody hell thats some distance. Did a cruise with some mates a couple of years ago over to Italy. Amazing journey through a lot of europe best holiday i have ever had. Took a long time mind and plenty of cash.lol

That pic is excellent Rob

:D

I think its much more fun driving abroad than here, ya get lots of attention, everyone is nice to ya coz you got a Supra, and I found even Policemen to be friendly and more interested in the Car than giving ya a ticket...

My favourite roads have to be the Mediterainian highway that links the Costas...and that fantastic stretch of autostrada in Italy that goes through all those tunnels and over Viaducts...its such a great feeling travelling through a tunnel and suddenly you are on a viaduct and Genoa is below you...really breathtaking...(that journey was in an astra though)

:(

I love the NIV between Madrid and the del Sol...its such a racetrack, and the Guardia Traffico are userly too lazy to bother you.

I wanna go on holiday now just thinking about it...but cant afford to

:(

Originally posted by roboldham

Well, I had a rough landing, but beat you lot easy...

http://www.roboldham.net/deadsupe/supra-on-holiday.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rob - thats an amazing pic - how the bloody hell did you come out unscathed (relatively!)

Can I use it on the site?:thumbs:

Just come back (two weeks ago) from holiday, drove Supra to Mallorca via, Paris, Toulouse, and Barcelona.

On the way back did 1300 miles in one day!!!!

Averaged 25mpg on the way down (80 MPH av),

and 20mpg on the way back (at the above speed plus 20mpgh ;) )

Very impressed with the Sup on the journey,

and one last thing......the French are terrible drivers......the Spanish are a hell of a lot worse.

Scary driving round Paris and Barcelona!!!!

Lots of Sup Bumpers available guys :)

Check out my store....

Regards

Chris

1300 in one day?! That is pretty impressive! I drive round the US a lot and the most I have ever managed is 800. That is at their ridiculous 65 speed limit though; if you think the enforcing of our speed limit is draconian, don't even think about going out there, they will pull you over for doing 68 in a 65 zone (seen it happen), and many limits are still at 55.

One good thing about the US is that you don't collect penalty points. So if you get a speeding fine, you pay it, then you're off and that's it. I heard that the vice president of Microsoft has over 200 speeding fines already, he just pays them then zooms off, presumably in something faster than a Supra! :cool:

Our lass said YES to a trip to Italy later in the year - with me driving us there, can't wait!