The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift Indicators

Samurai 20V

Ok, been reading the threads on installing facelift front indicators (the ones under the headlamps) onto a pre-facelift and I am confused on the following:

1. If I buy Toyota Lenses do they come together with the harnesses? Or do I have to order them separately?

2. I understand that the bulb holders are different between the two hence the different harnesses, but if I get an orange bulb for the pre-facelift bulb holder, can this not be plugged straight into the facelift lamps?

I dont need the side lamps so I can just tape off those holes if the above works..

Any ideas?

Thanks.

you need to get new harnesses. The facelift one has 2 bulbs in each as the side lights are also in there. You can either wire them both up to be indicators, or one as a sidelight. You need the extra part of the loom and its up to you if you take its power from the orange flasher bulb or splice into the sidelights of your pre facelift headlights.

If you search on here you will find the loom part number. I think I paid £8 each, and for some reason the 2 sides are different if I remember correctly...can't remember why though.

Edited by jackso11 (see edit history)

The genuine Toyota facelift indicators include all bulb holders and bulbs (this only applies to the genuine Toyota ones), however only the drivers side indicator has a harness, the bulb holders on the passenger side plug straight onto the main wiring loom on a facelift Supra.

When fitting on a pre-facelift Supra you will need to either fabricate a harness for the passenger side and solder onto the bulb holders or alternatively buy a drivers side harness (part number 81515-14390). If you buy a drivers side harness you will need to modify the bulb holders to fit the passenger side indicator as the tabs are slightly different, this is easy to do, you will see what I mean when you try to fit.

Either way the harnesses will need to be spliced onto the main wiring loom - as explained in the fitting guide - they will not just plug on.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3664/p10104140bs.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1026/picture13pv.png

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Thanks Nic.. Excellent info as usual..

Does the bulb holder on the prefacelift not fit directly onto the new light? Reason I ask is I have seen orange bulbs in the prefacelift bulb size and was wondering if those holders could fit directly to the new indicators??

Thanks Nic.. Excellent info as usual..

Does the bulb holder on the prefacelift not fit directly onto the new light? Reason I ask is I have seen orange bulbs in the prefacelift bulb size and was wondering if those holders could fit directly to the new indicators??

I'm pretty sure the bulb holders are completely different but it's been many years since I did mine, someone else may be able to confirm.