The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Active spoiler added

jonc

Well I eventually managed to get hold of an active spoiler set up from a member on here (cheers Darren:salute:) but the unit was an unknown entity because it didn't work on his car.

First thing I did was bench test the spoiler and found it worked off the car with a seperate 12 V supply. I stripped and rebuilt the whole unit ready for fitting when I got the chance.

This weekend over two afternoons said unit, ECU and switch was fitted and at the same time I removed all the reduntant wiring from behind the radio (Many years of Japanese add ons:blink:).

The unit works like a dream. I have left it as Toyota intended and it lowers at 65mph and lifts at 50mph. I have always liked the look of the active spoiler on the Supra but was never lucky enough to be able to get hold of the full set up until this year.:D

Just thought I would post a couple of photos as I'm dead chuffed with the unit and the look:love:

The unit totally refurbished

The wiring removed from the car:faint:

And the final product :D

If anybody else is doing this in the future I took a loads of photo's to help (but I did have the wiring loom already fitted:p)

Josh

Looks really good! I never get out of my car without putting it down now as it makes the front of the car look so much better!

Agree mate thats why I wanted to add the look.

looks great mate! glad you finally got it done i see you got the trusty uk's in too

Thanks buddy, Yea I got the lights last year from a member on here. Front of the car is almost there now, next stop the stone chips:rolleyes:

pjavon

Front lips looks good mate, actually the whole car looks fantastic Well done it was defiantly worth the effort

Thanks for the positive comments. Fitting the lip was not too difficult to be honest but I did have the Toyota loom fitted which must halve the work.

Good news today is the car went through its MOT. I think thats my 5th or 6th successful Supra MOT on the trot:trophy:

• 1 month later...
Guest MR2dan

Awesome stuff :D i just really love these spoilers. I've just bought Neil-n/a's setup and hopefully it'll arrive next week for fitting :D

you say you have photos? is it too much to ask if you could see if you took a photo of the plug inside the dash? i'm pretty sure i do have it back there (just had the dash apart) but just want to make sure ;)