The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod, Yay or nay?

L18msy

Due to the Japfest at Rockingham being shifted this year i was wondering what you guys thought about the Pod trip if it was worth going or not.

It cost over £400 last year and due to fuel prices it will be more this year.By the looks of things nothing is happening on the Sunday which would make the long trip an expensive 'day out'.

It also looks as if there will be nothing planned this side of the border for the anniversary year or probably get many folk prepared to travel up here either so i realise we need to do something to meet up with the club.

I was just wondering what you guys think about it,what suggestions do you have? What could we do on the Sunday? Could we go to another weekend show like JAE? Could we go on our own road trip? e.g trip around Ireland and meet Irish mob?

I am still up for Pod by the way, i just want to make sure we get to a good weekend as we can't do all the shows as they are all so far away.

Discuss...

well as i texted you before, i'm still dead keen on suprapod, it really is a shame that japfest has changed dates but as i mentioned it was really only a bonus for me, but since it's the club aniversary and i really wanna see some of the cars off the forum like jurgans gtr up the strip.

If worse comes to worse isn't mini in the park on at santapod on the sunday? either that or the idea of driving up to Alton Towers... or even switch hotels nearer to London and go out in town for a proper pub crawl?

as ive mentioned to you i think Alton towers.

We head down on thursday as planned, pissup at night with a chilled out/cleaning friday then pod saturday.

Drive up to alton towers early sunday (1.5hrs away). Have our jollys and a pissup. Leave afternoon/lunch time for a jaunt home?

fella's I would (as your down for pod) go for the Alton Towers idea - dont know how many of you have been before

With living 30 mins from Alton Towers I would suggest stopping for the night in Uttoxeter right on the A50 (1h 15m) from pod and 15 mins from Alton Towers :)

Hell I might even join you for a bit of Oblivion action :D

well as i texted you before, i'm still dead keen on suprapod, it really is a shame that japfest has changed dates but as i mentioned it was really only a bonus for me, but since it's the club aniversary and i really wanna see some of the cars off the forum like jurgans gtr up the strip.

If worse comes to worse isn't mini in the park on at santapod on the sunday? either that or the idea of driving up to Alton Towers... or even switch hotels nearer to London and go out in town for a proper pub crawl?

Get a hotel in Birmingham (closer to home than London) and we'll go get pished on the Saturday night :D

Oh cool well I'm sure between now and then, something can be sorted :)

yeah, well after suprapod on the saturday night we will be getting pissed at the hotel, then drive to alton towers and another piss up on sunday maybe then back up monday?? we came back up monday last suprapod. :)

The idea of going to pod again will be good but like liam says if nothing gets sorted then its 1 hell of an expensive road trip for 1 day of entertainment. The idea of doing something with the irish mob would be a good idea, they are in the same boat as us with the events and meetings with the main lot south of the border.

Just for the record whatever we do, I am not drinking a lot like last time! I want to remember this year! :p

Last year everyone left in the evening after suprapod, and missed out on the mini party in the park which got going straight after you all left. My cousin and I stayed the night camping, and got trollied with the mini lot. Fun fair (dodgems when drunk is a whole new ball game), blues brothers tribute band, bar.......it was awesome :D

Im all for Suprapod this year again. But its a long long drive down for one day. If it rains again then were stuffed. The fact that they have moved japfest to another date, has screwed up that wknd for a good car over load. :D

Now if something was to get sorted for the Sunday as part of the 10th Anniversary then it would be worth while. Its gona cost along of £££££ for fuel going down and back up, just for one day......

Ideally a full wknd of Supra/car stuff would be great, but since the Scottish folk and Irish folk have further to go then we have to be assured of something good for the wknd?? We did make up a good chunk of cars down there last year. This year there will be more of us, :D

Lets see what happens and we can decide what we all wana do with a poll...

I'm happy to go down for the weekend even just for suprapod.

Lets be honest we're gonna have a good time regardless with Liam/Alex there ;)

For me a Sunday event would be a massive bonus but not a deal breaker.

Go-karting/Alton Towers would be nice

as ive mentioned to you i think Alton towers.

We head down on thursday as planned, pissup at night with a chilled out/cleaning friday then pod saturday.

Drive up to alton towers early sunday (1.5hrs away). Have our jollys and a pissup. Leave afternoon/lunch time for a jaunt home?

We are up for that, You lot NEED to be at the pod this year again!

So by the look of things then we are still a go for the 4 day trip down south. :D

To be fair the trip down there and back was pretty amazing, im sure we can top it this year. :D As well as get out and about in town for a few Sherries. :D