The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My car has turned into a mean and nasty Ba***rd

dude

It has found the key to being proper spiteful......................Nitrous.

We let it have the smallest sniff we can and the result was 918 hp at 5500rpm and 1.6 bar, it just span and ripped a set of tyres to shreds after 5500rpm so we only got 3 or 4 proper runs, its very safe on the fuel side but we have to leave it like that till we can get on a hub dyno. Now making boost from 3500 rpm.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im shocked at the difference the nitrous has made, I cant tune the fuel side as the dyno just will not hold it, we have to run in 3rd due to overspeeding the dyno in 4th and it just wheel spins, I can prob tune it at the pod from data logs as it has far too much fuel going in with the nitrous, but at least its safe, as soon as the 3.4 goes back in the spool rate with nitrous will be insane and we can run a progressive system finishing with 400hp in 4th gear.

1.6bar....... are you really aiming for 3? :blink:

The turbo guys want me to run it at 3 bar with the nitrous, the car as is SHOULD run 9's if I can keep it straight enough, I will be fitting HKS rear drag shocks at the pod but the jump needed to get in the 8's is massive so we will definatly need to run at least 2.5 bar. I'm hoping that we can run boost increasing in each gear with the increasing nitrous hit, the car should make its time up at the top end of the strip, downside is the terminal speeds are high so the consequences of a misshap are more serious, if the maths are correct high 170 trap speeds could be on the cards with the 3.4.

The turbo guys want me to run it at 3 bar with the nitrous, the car as is SHOULD run 9's if I can keep it straight enough, I will be fitting HKS rear drag shocks at the pod but the jump needed to get in the 8's is massive so we will definatly need to run at least 2.5 bar. I'm hoping that we can run boost increasing in each gear with the increasing nitrous hit, the car should make its time up at the top end of the strip, downside is the terminal speeds are high so the consequences of a misshap are more serious, if the maths are correct high 170 trap speeds could be on the cards with the 3.4.

I can't stop chuckling to myself reading this. It sounds almost unreal. Brill just brill.