The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New guy here

Guest supra duper

Guest supra duper

Hey everyone.

I have been recommended by my mate to check out this forum as I am currently looking at getting a supra.

I am currently running a Skyline R34 GTT Tiptronic, but I am paying silly money for insurance, mainly because of my age really. Really is a stunning car and fantastic to drive, just insurance is killing me. :(. Currently paying £3700 a year. Yes, you did read that right. lol.

Insurance for a Supra twin turbo is only £1000 (I am 23 years old btw) which is nothing compared to what I am paying at the moment.

Anyway, looking at getting one as soon as possible really, with putting my car down as a swap. Just thought it was right to say hello before I go posting elsewhere. :)

Edited by supra duper (see edit history)

Guest supra duper

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :)

Feel like a bit of an idiot, because at the time when I posted this I was ready to get my hands on a supra, but there is a chance that I may be able to keep the skyline now, which is good as it means there is less hassle and less stress on my other half. You would not believe how much she hates me at the moment for thinking about changing cars again. lol.

So basically, I may not be getting one no more, but on the other note I believe there is a rolling road at SSR on the 28th May setup by this forum? I will be attending this as my Skyline to see how much it's making in standard form. Is there a thread for this as I have been unable to find it. :)

Welcome..!!

What type of Supra was the quote of £1000 given for? NA/TT/UK Spec. Most low insurance quotes are for UK specs but they are very difficult to come by. If you are going for an import I would make sure the insurance company know.

H.