The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1996 RZ 6sp TT, Do I Repair or Do I Sell????

Benje1990

Hey guys,

Had a bit of a missfortune over the weekend involving a hedge :(

the car is mainly just cosmeticaly damaged with the drivers door being scrap and both front wings scrap. also it needs new set of skirts new front bumper.

mechnicaly the car was unscaved to say the least...she is still straight, there is no structal damage. front drivers ball joint is bent.

rears anti roll bar is bent.

now im trying to work out what to do, do i sell as an unreported slavage?

or do i fix.

the car was only imported 6 months ago and SVA charged the original buyer 11grand for the car :blink:.. i payed 8.8k for the car:)

how much is it worth now:taped:

my friend reconds i should break it for parts as the RZ tt are gold mines, but i dont have the time.

im also broke atm so going to stuggle to rebuild her.

Any idea's?

my friend reconds i should break it for parts as the RZ tt are gold mines, but i dont have the time.

They are only gold mines if they have decent goodies on it mate. whats the spec?

You'd get decent money for the 6spd conversion mate...id give u a bag of sand for it tomorro :)

Hey guys,

mechnicaly the car was unscaved to say the least...she is still straight, there is no structal damage. front drivers ball joint is bent.

rears anti roll bar is bent.

Unlucky mate, but structurally unscathed? you've had it checked on a jig? would need pics to even give a vague guess. You were looking for parts for the front earlier, and now it has a bent rear anti roll bar?

sorry to be harsh, just claim on the insurance as that is what they're there for. We'll cover it next year with higher premiums :(

I take it you were unscathed? How did you manage to do such a good job?

If breaking it you will be lucky to get £6000 for it, unless you got uk brakes all round then abit more, but shame to break a car with slight panel damage really.

or sell as whole to keron but im unsure what he pays for stuff like this, not alot id say as he needs to make money lol.

Il get photos asap, Basicaly a lorry tried to kill me as I over took him he drifted across to the other side of the road slightly witch, I tryed to move across as far as possible but ended up touching the white line, witch lit my rear wheel up so I started snaking I managed To slow the car alot but still done lots of panel damage. Bad times :(

The car has basic mods, not quite BPU needs 2nd decat...

Il get photos asap, Basicaly a lorry tried to kill me as I over took him he drifted across to the other side of the road slightly witch, I tryed to move across as far as possible but ended up touching the white line, witch lit my rear wheel up so I started snaking I managed To slow the car alot but still done lots of panel damage. Bad times :(

First dibbs on SMIC (if you have one and it's in good condition) :cool:

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

Not good. Did you manage to get his details?

Do I own the slowest supra on the forum? If I drifted onto a white line while overtaking and lit the rear tyres up I'd be shocked..... must be just me :(

I'd definitely break it,

Must of been soaking wet, mine wouldn't spin the rears on a white line either, unless I was trying hard to make it.

Or maybe I just drive like a granny ;)

Must of been soaking wet, mine wouldn't spin the rears on a white line either, unless I was trying hard to make it.

Yeah mine would probably do it, I'm just sure as you say that I'd have to try hard. In that case there can only be one other explanation.............patch of diesel?

Yeah mine would probably do it, I'm just sure as you say that I'd have to try hard. In that case there can only be one other explanation.............patch of diesel?