The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on Supra, looking to buy. Favour needed :)

Guest eddo

Guest eddo

Hello, new guy here looking to buy a Supra. I've read the standard what to look for info and thats really usefull, however the car im interested in is an NA conversion.

Are these reliable if done correctly? The car I'm interested in is on ebay, link below.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170637146495&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Does anyone know of the car? The owner says it runs spot on etc. body work isnt mint though. What do you guys think to it?

Any help greatly appreciated:)

Edited by eddo (see edit history)

Guest eddo

Yeah its still on the 5 speed gearbox and the release bearing are a little noisy, I was tempted due to the cheap price really, would'nt mind having to spend a couple of grand on it if i got it for a steal.

Guest eddo

Hi again people, the cars still available as the buyer didn't get in touch, I'm still interested due to the keen price and the conversion seems sound apart from the gearbox. Only problem is I'm a long way away from the buyer so it's a gamble driving all that way if things arn't as described.

So im hoping somone can do me a favour lol, is there anyone in/near Bournemouth, Dorset, willing to pop over and have a quick look at it for me? Just need to know it starts, runs and drives straight. Sorry to sound cheeky just need a little help with it being far away and me being new to the Supra. I'm sure I can sort you out with something in return :)

Cheers guys

Guest eddo

Does a 6 speed box really cost 3k? even second hand? If the box is pushed at that power I could drop the boost to make 350BHP should last then?