The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacing fuel tank cover?

marcAB10

I assume this is just the cover? mine had a few scuffs from the previous owner which has now got a bit rusty.. which annoys me.

So is it simple enough to replace? does it just bolt off or what.. i'm a bit clueless about it, all i know is that i want it replaced.

i assume i'd be able to get a replacement from toyota?

here's the bit i mean-

attachment.php?attachmentid=132239&d=1304865806

the dark cover just before the rear bumper.

any help appreciated.

ashtosrd043.jpg

Why not rub it back and paint it with black hammerite, not many get to see it after all !

i did give it a lick of matt black but it's been scuffed and bent and annoys me, i know no one will see it but i will know it's there.. so as long as a new one is reasonable i'll just replace it. :)

Think its 6 x 10m bolts as i removed 1 only yesterday and also the metal strip (coated in plastic) that hold the bumper to it, they are stupid plastic screw heads and normally round off very easy.

The 2 back bolts are the hardest to get 2 as the rear bumper hide's them a little but once that strip is off you can pull it away enough to get a reachet spanner in.

Keep this thread updated, as my tank cover has a big dent in it. And being a UK car, its not pretty to look at.

i've PM'd Paul to see if he can source one and see what the price is, if it is pricey then i will look into fixing and powder coating, best to see what both options cost i guess.