The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauges fitted :)

BazzaAlpine

Was actually easier than I thought it would be:

I'm tempted to leave the gauges at the slight angle they're at in the pic as I think it looks quite good like that from the drivers seat.

Hooked up the electrics for it to the back of the cig lighter as I need the power to light them up all the time being smoked gauges and the vac spliced to the line near the throttle body. Bit suprised at the figures though :s When the engine is on the Volts is saying 14 (thought it was meant to be 12 :blink:) and no idea what the boost gauge is meant to show at idle but it got to about 0.7 when the turbos kicked in. With a 1st decat and 1bar restrictor ring I would have thought it would have got higher.

Wow it realy is easy...............you fitted them in La fitness car park

Almost, I fitted it in my works car park (work at a games company, nothing to with mechanics) then drove straight to the Cinema to watch Fast 5. The gym is next to it.

Thanks for the info on the volts Scott. That's one less worry.

nice blue gauges on the pillar pod... :) btw, i spotted some cool chromed bezel rings on your dash, where you got them from and how much?

They are plastic stick on ones that a fellow member sent me as they came with a dash cover kit and he didn't need them. You can find the proper chrome ones on ebay easy enough. Err, just saw your location. Might not be that easy then.

Not going to go full BPU will be happy to get it close to 1 bar. 1.2 means I'd have to get a FCD and some other bits. I've just put on a SSQV BOV where the stock one goes. I beleive it has an adjuster on the back of it to control boost so will have a play around with that.

Not going to go full BPU will be happy to get it close to 1 bar. 1.2 means I'd have to get a FCD and some other bits. I've just put on a SSQV BOV where the stock one goes. I beleive it has an adjuster on the back of it to control boost so will have a play around with that.

It doesn't control boost bud, it controls the pressure at which it releases (to fine tune for leaks etc). That is the older SSQVs though, new ones don't need that malarkey.