The mkiv Supra Owners Club

URGENT HELP needed please. calling ICE people

nuttynutz

i would post in sounds section but that often gets looked over.

right problem, i have just put in my headunit. (im so proud :D)

but my radio signals are really bad still, why??

i've plugged in the antenna bullet thing in. i connected my ISO harness i bought from halfords.

so why have i got poor reception on pratically all stations?

help help help

my car is in bits with dash parts everywhere.

thank you thank you thank you

Originally posted by SupraStar 3000

Sorry nutty, I'm no expert and probably can't offer any advise but is you car an Import? I heard that the imports need a amp to pick up FM stations. I've always had a problem with radio 1 so sick to Cd's in the car.

You only need the amp on the Jap head units, the UK units should pick up all of the stations.

I'd firstly remove the dash and check all of the connections, to see if the aerial has fallen out when reinstalling. Other than that, check that you are using the aerial and not the rear sceren and also that the aerial is actually going up. Apart from that, I'm not sure, have you tuned the radio in? :p

Ben..

Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop

have you tuned the radio in? :p

Ben..

cheeky bugger,

http://img24.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img24&image=car002.jpg

http://img24.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img24&image=car002.jpg

asked Matt H for help, he said what you said, is arieal up, use the bigger plug not the small one which is the rear screen.

as i stand, kept the little brown box (antenna relay) connected, aerial dont go up(duno if broken), can only see one plug (see photo), ermm everything else ok i guess.

and finally yes i HAVE tuned it in :p

ahhh man, looks like its gonna start raining, and i still cant resolve it.

http://img35.exs.cx/img35/1050/car004.jpg

http://img35.exs.cx/img35/7453/car006.jpg

other pictures which may help?? i have taken out my wires/harness that connects the headunit to make it clearer whats there.

:( :banghead:

i just want the radio man, havent had it in 6 months is doing my nutz in listening to only CD's

anyone out there? pwease? pweedy pwease?

ollie

WAHHHHHHHH gonna go insane, didnt think it be this hard to work out. why cant it be like my old car, dont need to take out dash, just pull out old unit, stick in new, and Tadaaaaa done.

one simple question, people say there should be two aerial plugs, as i can only see one (in me hand)

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/4643/car002.jpg

is this the right one? or is this the small one thats not very good?

cos if it is the right one, then i know i got a problem.

if its the wrong one, where is the right one?

or is it simply cos my aerial at the back dont go up,so its all fuzzy.

Originally posted by nuttynutz

URGENT HELP needed please.

:conf: What's so URGENT about the radio not working then?

You should have posted it in the correct section first rather than going straight to the GD section and begging for help.

The "me" generation, eh?

Originally posted by Jake

You should have posted it in the correct section first rather than going straight to the GD section and begging for help.

The "me" generation, eh?

Ouch! consider yourself reprimanded mate.:twak:

The "me" generation, eh?

as i said before, most people over look the sound thread, in fact have posted it there too :D

urgent cos its been a loooong time having no radio in car, pretty bummer, and cos dash parts are everywhere, wonna sort it out, instead of having to take the thing apart later again to fix this, if you get what i mean.

but yea, think its time this can be moved to sounds section.

oh yea jake you were the one at JAE with the Ma-husive dog, my mate was chatting to you about it, and i turned up after, but kinda wondered off again to look at cars, dogs no interest to me at the moment :p didnt realise it you until seeing photo in another thread.

Originally posted by Matt B

Which headunit is it? Some are better at other's when it comes to reception. I've had two new ones in mine and the Alpine I have now is much better than the Kenwood before... :conf:

didnt know headunit makes difference, i got the pioneer DEH-P3500MP

Maybe you should just fix the aerial that doesn't work and then find out if the radio is or isn't working. With the aerial down, it will give a bad signal.

I agree that things not working can be annoying, but when you know you have a non working component that is directly linked to the radio, then that's just dumb.:stupid:

Ben..

Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop

Maybe you should just fix the aerial that doesn't work and then find out if the radio is or isn't working. With the aerial down, it will give a bad signal.

I agree that things not working can be annoying, but when you know you have a non working component that is directly linked to the radio, then that's just dumb.:stupid:

Ben..

hmmm didnt occur to me till now since everything is plugged in correctly (im assuming), that the ariel being down makes a big difference(guess that is kinda stupid as after all the idea is for it to go up), so what happens to people who have completely taken away the aerial? how do they by pass that? which is why i believed its not neccesary to have the aerial.

since owning the car, i have never actually seen the aerial go up, does it go up automatically when you select tuner? :stupid:

jake you were the one at JAE with the Ma-husive dog, my mate was chatting to you about it, and i turned up after, but kinda wondered off again to look at cars, dogs no interest to me at the moment :p didnt realise it you until seeing photo in another thread.

Yeah that was me, you and your mate were the young asian guys, right? (Is Asian the correct term for east asian folks? When somebody says Asian it brings to mind Indian (etc) looking folks, at least to me anyway)

BTW, IMO your're wasting your time trying to get your radio working properly without the ariel up at least partly.

Yeah that was me, you and your mate were the young asian guys, right? (Is Asian the correct term for east asian folks? When somebody says Asian it brings to mind Indian (etc) looking folks, at least to me anyway)

BTW, IMO your're wasting your time trying to get your radio working properly without the ariel up at least partly.

yup that was us. dont think its hard to miss us, we looked kinda outa place especially me looking like an 18 year old to drive a supra and all you guys seemed alot more mature.

i refer to myself as oriental, i agree with you that asian usually refered to indians etc too, even news headlines use that word for them, unless you in america or canada then asian usually refer to chinese etc.

regarding the radio, sod it now, dont even know why or what part the aerial might be broken (if it is) to fix it, duno how to get it up. guess after changing my headunit was a waste of time after all. well not really, at least now i got MP3's to listen to and sound quality ten times better :D

but now cant put in the dash back till 2mro cos its proper Pee'in it down with rain.

ollie

regarding the radio, sod it now, dont even know why or what part the aerial might be broken (if it is) to fix it, duno how to get it up. guess after changing my headunit was a waste of time after all. well not really, at least now i got MP3's to listen to and sound quality ten times better :D

but now cant put in the dash back till 2mro cos its proper Pee'in it down with rain.

I don't have an aerial on my car. I just use the one that's built into the rear screen.

Why's the rain a problem anyway? The stereo is inside the car isn't it?

I can't believe it's raining there, it's absolutely boiling here. I'm sat here sweating like the ace of spades

I don't have an aerial on my car. I just use the one that's built into the rear screen.

Why's the rain a problem anyway? The stereo is inside the car isn't it?

I can't believe it's raining there, it's absolutely boiling here. I'm sat here sweating like the ace of spades

woooohoooooo COMPLETED.

since i been using a camera all day today, mite aswel show you guys my acheivement :D

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6348/car007.jpg

didnt want to fix it whislt raining cos dont like getting wet running back indoors, even if its just 10 steps away :p but rain stopped about 2 hours ago.

yup it certainly was raining here, pretty badly too, alot of west london flooded up to the waist, lucky my area fine, but 15 min drive away in park royal is.

all you useless bunch :p

got it all sorted.

A BIG THANK YOU TO MATT HARWOOD

oh my god, now i got crystal clear radio woooohooooooooooooo.

was down to one thing, Pioneers dont connect their Remote wire. they are left disconnected as defualt, gei pioneers (but i still love my headunit and the brand :p)

and it was my first time seeing the aerial go up and down, altho kinda gei.