The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bit of spraying by Simon (Bonnet etc)

Jamesy

After my "little mishap" of the bonnet flying open on me last month i've now got a replacement stock bonnet (thanks Rick).....wasn't in the best condition but wasn't bent in half like my original one..... :(

Have got the new windscreen and scuttle panel fitted now thanks to Lee, and the gas bonnet lifters have all been repaired!!

So the car is now in with Simon (Baldy), getting the replacement bonnet smoothed, prepped and repainted.

Also got a set of lockable flush aerocatches being fitted for extra peace of mind - no way am i going through that again!! Bit of a pain in the ar5e job but well worth it.

And he's also repairing the corner of the Trial rear bumper that somehow (:innocent:) got some minor damage to it.....!!

Picking it up at the weekend just in time for Ryan to fit the Traction Control to the Syvecs on Tuesday and its good to go for Japfest.

Aerocatches lines up inside and out:

Bonnet prepped, aerocatches in place:

Will update as/when i can :)

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, is it me but that gap between your bumper looks bigger than mine? Or maybe it wasn't shut in that picture.

Do you mean the pic above where the aero catch is open? If so , the bonnet is up on the catch in that picture mate - id be horrfied if i had a gap that big!!! :D

Looks good, is it me but that gap between your bumper looks bigger than mine? Or maybe it wasn't shut in that picture.

Judging by the gap at the top of the light & the bonnet not sitting in line with the wing in that pic I would say it isn't fully shut :)

Very nice mate, :D You getting anything else done while he's there?

the big man is doing my arches to accommodate my new tyre width. :D

Just the bonnet, aero catches and rear bumper for now mate .... need it back in time to take to Ryan at SRR on Tuesday ready for Japfest :)

What tyres u got going on mate? U coming to japfest with one of the boys?

Just the bonnet, aero catches and rear bumper for now mate .... need it back in time to take to Ryan at SRR on Tuesday ready for Japfest :)

What tyres u got going on mate? U coming to japfest with one of the boys?

Got 295's going on bud, but i reckon they wont be good enough even at that width. Can't remember name of them, got them off here. Don't think i'll be making Japfest bud, looking at Suprapod though again this year. Will get a good chat to about your diet and training and stuff.

Got 295's going on bud, but i reckon they wont be good enough even at that width. Can't remember name of them, got them off here. Don't think i'll be making Japfest bud, looking at Suprapod though again this year. Will get a good chat to about your diet and training and stuff.

295's should be ok mate if they are soft-ish like the R888's.

Yeha be good to catch up at 'Pod mate got loads to fill you in on :D