The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap Vs UK number plate

KamaSupra

Hey everyone,

I've just had a new lip fitted recently and I'm thinking of putting a UK plate on the front of my Supra, but I can't make up my mind if wither the Jap or UK plate looks best. I think if I cleaned the front bumper it looks best without a plate, but obviously I need a plate on my car :(

So what do people think, UK or Jap plate?

Front 1.jpg

Front 3.jpg

front 2.jpg

Edited by KamaSupra (see edit history)

I have not run a front plate on my last 3 Supras and my Corvette, they just dont work on either, I have not had any bother

Really? just my look though ill fill the holes and paint the bumper then get pulled the same day and have to put it back on lol

Have you got a short number or a full 7 digit number?

My car has 5 digits, so could always get a smaller plate as it's so short.

I would like it without the plate, but knowing my luck I will get caught by the Police straight away :( My problem with the import size is I always think it looks like a rabbit from the front (2 eyes and big bucky teeth) :D

Wouldn't run the risk without a plate, it is such a serious crime nowadays you will get hassle:rolleyes:

What about a cut down UK plate? As long as you have 11mm of reflective backing at either side you will be ok iirc.

Like so:

Wouldn't run the risk without a plate, it is such a serious crime nowadays you will get hassle:rolleyes:

What about a cut down UK plate? As long as you have 11mm of reflective backing at either side you will be ok iirc.

Like so:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r8/L18msy/glasgowmeet017.jpg

A plate like yours was also an option that I was thinking of but wasn't sure if that was illegal too.

Like so:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r8/L18msy/glasgowmeet017.jpg

Serious crime, its not even an MOT fail, yes you are required to display a number plate but hardly a serious crime, like I said I have not had a front plate for two years, never pulled for it (will get pulled tomorrow now : ) )

A plate like yours was also an option that I was thinking of but wasn't sure if that was illegal too.

The only time i had bother was when i had the plates made with no gap between the '8' and 'M'.

Never had any bother since i got them gapped correctly (well sort of :eyebrows:) The traffic cops have even stopped to look at the car and talk to me about it one evening i was parked up and they didn't batter an eyelid at the plates.

Serious crime, its not even an MOT fail, yes you are required to display a number plate but hardly a serious crime, like I said I have not had a front plate for two years, never pulled for it (will get pulled tomorrow now : ) )

It is hard to get sarcasm across on the net at times.:D

Love the Jap front plate [GRIN][/GRIN]

Your the first person to say that :D

At the moment I think I'll be fitting my UK plate till I get somthing maybe a little smaller. I have got a 12x3 plate but that will draw attention as it's blatantly too small. But I wonder if I'd get away with it while on the Dragonball in France? :D