The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Identifying bodykit

justtoofast

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody can identify following parts on my car :D

1) rear spats

2) side skirts

3) front bumper

How can I find out if they are genuine or not ?

The sideskirts e.g. have a sticker inside with a number on it. Does that make them genuine ?

I am thinking of removing the body kit and going back to stock. Would that fit with those rims ? Suggestions please :)

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yes it does look nice. Though I live in Germany with German Autobahn :D

That means the car has to handle top speed runs.

And honestly I dont trust bodykits too much when it comes to that...

Sideskirts are kept with 4 screws at front fender and 4 screws at rear fender + double sided tape.

Same with rear spats.

Not so trustworthy in my opinion...

It looks for me like TS too. Just in case I will sell the kit I would like to find out if its genuine or not.

Skirts are screwed on at front and rear then 10mm nuts/bolts along the sill at the bottom so are secure. The spats are normally fitted the same as oem so screws and a 10mm bolt at the bottom with a bracket going to the car. Front bumper is held at the sides along the top and all around the bottom.

If the kit is fitted correctly it will not work loose and fall off.

As said, all Top Secret Type III.

If it's a genuine kit the fibre glass will be white in colour, if it's a knock off it'll most likely to be grey. Also the genuine front bumper has a built in undertray that extends under the front of the engine, I think some of the knock offs don't include this.

The genuine kits are very good quality, mine was on for around 9 years and did a lot of very high speed runs over that time. Why not just get the parts re-fitted if you're worried?

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

As said, all Top Secret Type III.

If it's a genuine kit the fibre glass will be white in colour, if it's a knock off it'll most likely to be grey.

The genuine kits are very good quality, mine was on for around 9 years and did a lot of very high speed runs over that time. Why not just get the parts re-fitted if you're worried?

Thats a good idea. One of the spats got loose a bit anyways. That might help me feeling better regarding that.

I once red an article that besides the stock body supra there was just 1? aftermarket kit that was wind tunnel tested.

I will check the colour of the fibre glass. THanks for that info.

Thats a good idea. One of the spats got loose a bit anyways. That might help me feeling better regarding that.

I once red an article that besides the stock body supra there was just 1? aftermarket kit that was wind tunnel tested.

I will check the colour of the fibre glass. THanks for that info.

Top Secret parts are generally very good quality.

The kit has been personally tested at 197mph/317kmh by the company owner Smokey Nagata in the UK :)

F-QKOr_nP_Q

Top Secret parts are generally very good quality.

The kit has been personally tested at 197mph/317kmh by the company owner Smokey Nagata in the UK :)

F-QKOr_nP_Q

that video is awesome. i def think u shud stick with the kit, looks nice in white.

The spats and skirts are definitely genuine, when I got the car it had a genuine bumper, but due to fitting issues Jurgen fitted a new one before you bought it. You'd need to ask him if it was genuine.

Nice to see the old girl looking well :cool: I miss it every day. I'd personally leave the looks alone :)

Thanks for the comments and ideas.

I will probably go for re-fitting the kit and leave it for the moment.

Just the mirrors will be replaced with stock ones.

Thanks j_jza80. These informations are helpful.

Hope to have the car one the road again soon.