The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need some advice.

mobsta_01

Hello folks,

i've had a few confusing weeks lately and was just wondering if anyone cold point me in the right direction.

As some of you may know i crashed my car last year and have had afew problems with my insurance company. I've been trying to get them to increase their valuation, but they won't even though they know about the engine conversion etc. They have however agreed i can salvage my mods. As long as i replace them with stock parts and get the car delivered to someone with a cat b salvage license.

I originally thought i'd simply get the car delivered to Kerons and swap the engines over from another na that i was planning on buying. that way i'd have another na-tt ready for summer.

Unfortunately Keron has told me that he is really busy an does not have the space for any more cars either. :( Therefore i need another garage with a cat b license that can remove my engine etc. I don't know of any near me and Kerons was the closest one to me that know of. :(

The other alternative is if i just get the complete conversion removed from my car and either sell it as a complete kit or keep it all for myself and get it fitted in a car at a later date. I still need someone with a cat b license though. :(

The thing is i need a car for the family as well and am trying to sort everything out on as low a budget as possible. Basically i need a car with a large enough boot for my daughters pushchair and my wheelchair. I used to put my wheelchair on the back seats of my Supra, but that isn't an option now the baby's here.

So i thought maybe i should get a bigger car. I've got merc, but i really miss the way my Supra used to sound and drive. I thought maybe i should get an Aristo. But i don't know much about them and just need some sort of info about the drive, handling, fuel economy etc. I know it's a much bigger car than the Supra, but does that mean it'll drink more fuel? I just get the same reaction "it's a 3 litre auto, ofcourse it's going to guzzle fuel!" But so was my Supra and it never bothered me then. I just liked driving/owning it so much that fuel economy/prices never really bothered me. :D

I am trying to sell the merc, so that i can buy an aristo i've seen for sale. But everyone in my car drives diesels and te all keep telling me that i need to get an economical car and forget about 3+ litre cars with twin turbos. :(

Or alternatively i could buy a cheap, economical car and stick to Supras and not get an aristo. :conf:

But then can i really justify having 2 cars?

This thread probably sounds really confusing, but i just thought i'd get as much info down as possible. :D

I've probably missed something, but my head hurts now. :(