The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from U'r Sofa

Guest Nick 95 6sp

Guest Nick 95 6sp

Hi folks. I'm from the other side of the pond and noticing over many years that you come up with some good ideas here, I finally registered so I can lurk around and see what you're all up to. This way in case anybody notices me lurking it won't be so creepy as doing it incognito.

I would like to add that I love your Princess. Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, I love you until proven otherwise!

ps: while it may be mundane to you folks, as a U.S. citizen I'm proud to have known what a bonnet and a boot are many years already since the first car I ever owned was a '67 E-Type. I consider my Supra to be sort of a modern JDM version of that beautiful hunk of machinery.

Nick 95 6sp

Twin GT2860's w/TiAL exhaust housings, TiAL WG's and BOV's, on all V-band moded HKS twin manifolds, AEM v2, FJO w/NTK,

AEM meth/water spray kit, GSC S1 cams, ported head Ferrea valvetrain, 0.020" over CP pistons with crown & skirt coatings, Carrillo H-beams,

OS Giken triple clutch & Super Lock LSD, Racelogic TC, TRD gen2 catback

street wheels: Veilside EvoV 9-1/2"F X 10-1/2"R

track wheels: CCW LM5 10"F X 11-1/2"R

Guest Nick 95 6sp

Thanks, guys.

No matter what anybody calls her, I'll still love her. Now I can't wait until she's the Queen ...though sadly that would suggest demise of Her (Current) Majesty...no hurry, just considering the inevitable future.

On my E-Type, the only couple pics I have of her are in my dear old mom's collection which I'll have to get one day soon. It was a maroon (not sure what they called that dark reddish color) roadster, black leather, wire knock offs, 4.2L of course, 4 speed. It was a Series 1-1/2 so it originally had open headlights but I swapped out the entire bonnet with a covered headlight one I picked up cheap. I loved the E-Type from the first moment I saw it and swore I'd own one one day, so as soon as I got my first job out of college I bought it.

No matter what anybody calls her, I'll still love her. Now I can't wait until she's the Queen ...though sadly that would suggest demise of Her (Current) Majesty...no hurry, just considering the inevitable future.

IIRC, she cannot become Queen. William will become King but she cannot have the title "Queen".

She is hot though... :D

Guest Nick 95 6sp

If you Brits don't want her for Queen, I'd be happy to have her as my Queen.... hell, she should run for President of the USA. We can give you guys back all that tea we dumped in Boston Harbor and move on as if that little thing never happened.

A couple engine pics for Geo and a recent broadside from a track day last week as well as a static "action" shot:

street wheels

track wheels

This was moments after I made a wrong turn and had to wait for slower traffic to pass before getting back on it

...and for those of you who didn't see my recent posts on the US forum, I'm loving my duct work (better airflow to radiator and oil cooler) integrated into my recently acquired Seibon front lip, as well as front rotor cooling from the two little side openings

imageimage